A/V replaygain
Sep 27, 2004 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stereth

500+ Head-Fier
I have a large and growing playlist of .flac and .avi files, music and music videos. I ripped the videos myself off the DVDs. Problem is, all of the videos are much quieter than the audio files. I'm currently using Winamp 5.05 to play them. Is there a way to add replaygain to all of these files? Is there a way to write a rule for dealing with files like that? Anyone have experience with writing plugins?

I'd also appreciate any advice for the same thing under Linux. I'll be moving these files to another machine once I get it up and running.

Sep 27, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 4
Replaygain for videofiles, I don't know, but for audio you could use foobar2000. It can add replaygain info to tags and of course play them adjusted according to the info.

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 4
I've been using Foobar for quite a while. I decided to try Winamp again because of its video capabilities. (And I have to admit, there are a lot of things I like in Winamp 5.)

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Found it! Playlist editor -> right-click on video file -> file info -> double-click "AC3 filter" -> increase master gain. Not perfect, but it's exactly what I need.

Edit: Better yet, control panel -> ac3 filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back