A tube amp to pair with Some Grados
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sir Tmotts III

Head-Fier
I'm getting rid of my older than me NAD. Poor thing is just done, phono pre-amp just died and with the channels gwetting more and more imbalanced by the week, it's time to move on. My 325is need a new amp, so i'm leaning toward a tube amp. Preferably, i'd like something with 3 or more inputs, because there seems to be a general lack of any good switch box besides the now discontinued Headroom switch amp.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 11
Doesn't have multiple inputs, but I'd try to stalk a Decware Taboo MKII in the forums since we might see some more upgraders to the MKIII.

Best Grado tube amp I've yet heard. Lucid mode does wonderful things for Grados.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 11
Aune T1, or Little Dot. (few inputs as well) 

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 11
the Woo Audio 2  has 4 inputs and doubles as a pre-amp. can drive grados well with the 6AS7G tubes.

May 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 11
May 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #9 of 11
I had the MAD Ear+ HD for 18 months.  I tried and tried but never liked it with Grados.  I thought it was way too dark.  (Muffled, rolled off treble.)  And I did try some random tube rolling with it.

I really like the Valhalla, even though the theoreticians will tell you there is an impedance mismatch there.

But right now, I have found my dream amp to go with Grados: the Woo Audio WA7.  I love the sound of this amp !!  Very smooth and detailed, but warm and slightly lush, but with lots of resolution.  IMO, this amp simply doesn't do anything wrong, and a lot of things right.

May 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #11 of 11
woos are awesome with grado headphones!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back