A trip to A&E because of Shure Olives and ne-7m's
May 29, 2009 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

harj

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

A couple hours ago i was trying the e2c's black silcone olives tips on the ne-7m, when i came to taking them out the tip detached itself from the iem and stayed in the ear canal. The tip was so far down that i couldnt manage to get it out. To cut a long story short, i had to visit the A&E department to get it out. For some reason i can't get these to stay on the ne-7m as it doesn't go all the way down the stem of ne-7m's. I know it can be done because others have done it.

So rather then me taking the risk of these getting stuck in my ear again i was wondering can the Shure black foam olive's be modded to fit the ne-7m's? I know the Comply t400 tips fit ne-7m's but many have said there not as good as the Shure foam olives.

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.

May 29, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by harj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

A couple hours ago i was trying the e2c's black silcone olives tips on the ne-7m, when i came to taking them out the tip detached itself from the iem and stayed in the ear canal. The tip was so far down that i couldnt manage to get it out. To cut a long story short, i had to visit the A&E department to get it out. For some reason i can't get these to stay on the ne-7m as it doesn't go all the way down the stem of ne-7m's. I know it can be done because others have done it.

So rather then me taking the risk of these getting stuck in my ear again i was wondering can the Shure black foam olive's be modded to fit the ne-7m's? I know the Comply t400 tips fit ne-7m's but many have said there not as good as the Shure foam olives.

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.

In order to do it with the Shure foams you need to remove the plastic core of the foam tip.

May 29, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by harj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will i need to put any thing in replace of the plastic?

No. The removal of the plastic causes the diameter of the nozzle entry into the foam to increase allowing you to slip the NE-7m into the foam tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back