A Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas
Dec 9, 2002 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dougli

500+ Head-Fier
Just got back from Trans-Siberian Orchestra's concert here in Portland. See them if you get a chance; it's an amazing performance. Christmas songs never sounded (and looked) like this before. Kind of a cross between a funky Metallica and Emerson, Lake and Palmer. That may sound odd, but they pull it off quite well. And what a fine light show. Anybody else seen them?

Dec 12, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli
OK, so my descriptive talents leave something to be desired. You might want to take a listen for yourself. Of course, the concert itself is much more intense than any sound clip can convey, especially given the background of some of the musicians (Megadeath, Savatage).

http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia.shtml

I have two of their cd's, and am listening to one right now, Dougli. I really enjoy the music, and thought your decsription is right on the money. Maybe sometimes posts are like television shows, a great many of the best shows go off the air in their first season due to lack of viewers taste.
And I didnt know these guys ever actually appeared live. I would certainly consider catching a concert if they were to be playing near me.

Dec 12, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 5
Awww, NC hardly ever gets the good shows...
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Nightfall, dhwilkin,

My wife bought the concert tickets, and I had never even heard this band. We took my father-in-law with us to the concert for his 67th birthday. When I saw the stage and the musicians I began to sense what we were in for. The first few chords left no doubt in my mind that we were about to be blown away into the power zone. But the amazing thing is that he really liked it too! He's into jazz, and I'm into metal. We found a common ground in the wide variety of music this band unleashed that night. They even played a song from their upcoming album, so there's more good stuff to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back