A tip for the first IEM earphones
Jun 18, 2023 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Killhifi

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a pair of iem earphones with a balanced sound not too much bass, my priority is the voices, I would like the voices to be natural realistic without any hiss, nasal and recessed sound, I also give a lot of importance to the stage where I can distinguish the position of the instruments and the voice. Convenience is also a big factor for me, I wish they were comfortable and weight easy to wear. Are there earphones with these or similar characteristics for a price of around 100 euros? it's my first pair of iem earphones and I'd be willing to spend this amount if it corresponded to my needs.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 12
I have the Truthear Crinnacle Zero and for music and especially vocals it's amazing. The blue version is $45 and I wouldn't recommend the Red version though. I had both and the Red version sounds thinner for vocals but has less distortion for gaming when explosions are going off. They're really smooth and comfortable with no sharp edges.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #4 of 12
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a pair of iem earphones with a balanced sound not too much bass, my priority is the voices, I would like the voices to be natural realistic without any hiss, nasal and recessed sound, I also give a lot of importance to the stage where I can distinguish the position of the instruments and the voice. Convenience is also a big factor for me, I wish they were comfortable and weight easy to wear. Are there earphones with these or similar characteristics for a price of around 100 euros? it's my first pair of iem earphones and I'd be willing to spend this amount if it corresponded to my needs.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

You can read about the Truthear HEXA, quite a neutralish set, good imaging, comfortable for me.

Aug 5, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 12
I'm trying the linsoul 7hz salnotes zero, I know that I can't expect the quality of a faithful sound for such a ridiculous price, but this helped me to better understand the specifications of an iem headphone, in the meantime I had to perform an equalization to balance some portions of frequencies that approached my preferences, initially the sound was flat and I could not turn up the volume without them starting to scream, after the EQ the sound is fuller and now I get the right proportions of ambience and dynamics. I also improved the fit by adopting memory foam earphones and this also partially improved the sound, but I noticed that in this specific IEM model the volume is not linear, it seems that it goes down and up constantly, it seems that something is not tuned correctly, this can be disturbing and makes listening tiring, however I am not using any dac and amplifier, I have only tried to connect them to the headphone output of my computer, I am evaluating the purchase of the aune s6 pro for this purpose.

:relaxed: Thanks for the additional advice

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #6 of 12
I have the Salnotes Zero, and don‘t find them particularly well balanced at all; vocals sound a bit thin, and some female vocals sound unpleasant. I’m sure they benefit from a bit of EQ, but I prefer an IEM that sounds nice and balanced in the first place.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 12
Yes, I'm of the same opinion, for this reason I'm thinking of buying a better iem, with more bass and more refined mid frequencies, I find that some voices on the zero salnotes are put too much in the foreground and lack some body and emotional involvement in the mid-frequency portion.
Thanks for your reply :wink:

Aug 7, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 12
I have the Salnotes Zero, and don‘t find them particularly well balanced at all; vocals sound a bit thin, and some female vocals sound unpleasant. I’m sure they benefit from a bit of EQ, but I prefer an IEM that sounds nice and balanced in the first place.
Yes, I'm of the same opinion, for this reason I'm thinking of buying a better iem, with more bass and more refined mid frequencies, I find that some voices on the zero salnotes are put too much in the foreground and lack some body and emotional involvement in the mid-frequency portion.
Thanks for your reply :wink:
I very much agree with you both, yet keep in mind that they're 20 bucks :sweat_smile: and in that price the diminishing returns have not kicked in yet. Indeed you can spend more money and seeing perceivable gains until perhaps the US$200. Up from there seeing improvements become more expensive.

Aug 7, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 12
I very much agree with you both, yet keep in mind that they're 20 bucks :sweat_smile: and in that price the diminishing returns have not kicked in yet. Indeed you can spend more money and seeing perceivable gains until perhaps the US$200. Up from there seeing improvements become more expensive.
I'd say the point of diminishing returns for me is in the $800-1000 range, after messing around with IEMs for a couple years and slowly working my way up. I've heard more expensive sets, but they haven't done anything better /enough/ to go past that $800-1000 point, while the jump from $4-500 was significant and hard to go back from. This is all extremely subjective, of course.

I will say it's amazing what you can get for $20-50 now, and even more impressive at the $100-200 range. Competition is fierce.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 12
There are so many IEMs that sometimes it is really difficult to choose, moreover the opinions of the users are not always objective, also considering that each of us perceives sounds in a different way and is more inclined towards a type of tone more suited to him, I want to say that unfortunately even from the reviews it is not easy to identify the correct type of iem for our needs because some of these variables come into play and make the choice even more confusing. Which might be an IEM worth considering in the $100 price range?

Thanks everyone for the info :thumbsup:

Aug 8, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #12 of 12
There are so many IEMs that sometimes it is really difficult to choose, moreover the opinions of the users are not always objective, also considering that each of us perceives sounds in a different way and is more inclined towards a type of tone more suited to him, I want to say that unfortunately even from the reviews it is not easy to identify the correct type of iem for our needs because some of these variables come into play and make the choice even more confusing. Which might be an IEM worth considering in the $100 price range?

Thanks everyone for the info :thumbsup:
I can't stop, for 6 months, to listen only to fiio jd7. It's the only thing that made me drop Olina. For rock, it's pure happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back