A taste of DSP? Amazing plug-in!
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SolidVictory

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Many years ago, I tried out a plug-in for Winamp simply called "Enhancer" (link here). Over time I forgot about it, but recently I remembered how great it made my cheap computer speakers sound. So I decided to download it again and try it with my SM3's.

And surprisingly, the sound became so much more clear and enhanced, it blew me away. There are some caveats to the plug-in though, as it creates artifacts in the music if the settings are not altered correctly. Also, I'm not quite used to my SM3's sounding like this...I guess you could say the sound signature is a bit overwhelming right now (not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing). Also, the treble is pretty harsh but I'm adjusting the settings to get a perfect balance.

I'm currently using the following settings:

Has anyone else used this plug-in?

On the plug-in window in Winamp, it shows the dll as "dsp_enh.dll"

I'm assuming this is using some sort of DSP software to create such a difference in sound quality. Is this the type of increase reported by some users between the JH16 and the JH-16 + JH-3A? Because I certainly hear a vast difference using my SM3 (no equalizer created such a drastic difference for me as this plug-in).

It's funny because I am not really a big user of equalizers. I usually listen to my music with EQ turned off--but this plug-in is quite a different experience from an EQ.

I would really like to hear some observations after using this enhancer from some members (I feel like I'm going crazy here with the sound difference). The plug-in is free for Winamp and can be found here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back