A strange ElectroVoice microphone...
May 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FourierMakesFunk

100+ Head-Fier
I have an ElectroVoice 642, the first shotgun microphone. Also won the Academy Award in the 1960s, first thing like this to do so. Looks great, has the adapter since this uses a Cannon UA3-11 plug, a rare and strange plug (what came before the XLR we now all know and love).

I am thinking about selling it and was wondering if there is any interest. It makes a wonderful shelf piece and is a bit of audio (mostly film and TV) history, and this particular one, though I never got to use it, is in really really nice condition.

I know normally things like this go up on the For Sale/Trade forum, but there is no category for this and it's also a discussion.

When there is a chance I'll snap some pictures of mine, but this eBay listing from someone else shows it nicely: Electro Voice 642 Cardiline microphone + Cannon UA3-11 - eBay (item 320357682774 end time May-06-09 17:11:03 PDT)

So, any interest? Questions about it?

May 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 6
Any vintage microphone lovers out there?

(I recently ran into an RCA-77A in near perfect condition. WAY above my budget obviously, but you know your a mic lover if that microphone makes you drool.)

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi - I know your posting was a little over a year ago.  Do you still have that EV Model 642 and are you still looking to sell it?  I'm looking for one to complete a collection.

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 6
I was going through all my collections of what is now old broadcast gear and found a EV-642. if you are still looking, please contact me off list at glenn(at)hd.net

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 6
I have a really nice EV 642 that I was preparing to sell on ebay or?? Comes with original metal carry case, cable, and boom mount. The mic itself shows virtually no signs of wear... Amazing...

off-list soundofharvest(at)juno(dot)com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back