A Spring Ottawa Meet?
May 17, 2003 at 3:53 PM Post #91 of 100
Hey folks,

I'd be glad to drop by as well. I'll hopefully have a pair of Beyer DT770 by then. The rest of my stuff is Grado SR60 and Sony V6. I'll see if I can borrow my friend's V700 for giggles
wink.gif

I also have an ASL MG Head OTL that's at the office. I'll try to bring it along. Can anyone bring nice 12AX7 or 5751? And while we're at it, I'll bring a few cables.

Omer: I really enjoyed your room in Montreal.

(Edit: How about posting the details on your website, Omer?)

May 17, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #93 of 100
carlo and I just discovered that my melos uses 12au7 et al., for tubes and not the 6dj8 family...so the more 12ax7's the better
smily_headphones1.gif
Grinch and I have the only two Melos' that use this great tube, yippee!

May 18, 2003 at 4:17 PM Post #94 of 100
Omer, I think DesBen meant posting the head-fi meet on your website...

I finished wiring my first CMOY finally...Ill bring it (and the second one that's almost finished as well) for kicks...

I cant wait for the meet

smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #96 of 100
Okay so we are down to less than 24 hours from meet time. The Headamp Gilmore V2 is here...as is my Melos. I do have a favour to ask one or all of you or any combination under there
smily_headphones1.gif

During shipping, the Melos took a hit and the right channel wire from the RCA in to the board became disconnected. Specifically a that pin to the board.

I have resoldered it but my skills are well ELEMENTARY. This is only the second time I have used an iron and my job is pathetic. Sadly, there still remains a hiss in the right channel.

Does anyone coming tomorrow have any soldering skills? If I knew Dale was coming this would be a piece of cake for him, prolly take him 15 seconds.

Also, I need a ride. I can take the bus, but this reduces the gear I can take. Is anyone willing to pick me up?

Thanks

May 25, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #97 of 100
this might be a little late Zanth
but I will bring my iron and some solder and my multimeter...I'll try to trace down the hiss...frankly, I dont know if the hiss would be caused by the connection though since a bad connection usually results in intermittent sound...However, I dont claim to be an expert (I 've only built two CMOYs
biggrin.gif
)

I would offer you a ride Zanth but Im heading over to Omer's to help him set up...where do you live?
Ill PM you...and check my messages before I leave tomorrow morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back