A soundcard with good sound and very clear mic (without software cleanup)
Mar 20, 2015 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

untore

New Head-Fier
Hello, I recently returned a creative soundblaster Z which I was very disappointed with. The audio was decent, even tough drivers were really bugged, and there are no linux drivers at all. But it had tremendous static in the microphone, and the "crystal voice" software sure removed the static but it also made the sound freaking bubbly and low quality in general, also it added a considerable latency to the input aswell, I don't know if the static was caused by the fact that the my version was without shield but seemed too much either case.

My onboard sound is "Purity Sound", the motherboard is a Fatal1ty Z87 Killer, mic input is bad as well, sound is decent, but no virtual surround. 

What can you suggest? Price around 100-110$ no more, also good linux drivers are appreciated but not oblligatory, I would maybe consider an USB sound card which should have less interefences? An Asus Xonar U5 maybe, or something else, like an m-audio mtrack, or a cheap Behringer UCA202 ?

To sum it up if a soundcard with very nice sound output like virtual surround, complete frequencies, and also with low latency and no static noises/buzzing for microphone and general line in that would be perfect, but seems like gaming oriented soundcard have ****ty mic input all the times, anyway suggest please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back