A Short OPPO story.
Jun 9, 2015 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mr.Tom

100+ Head-Fier
So a few days back I went to play a DVD in my Oppo 83 player, but the tray would not open. I bought this player the first week of release, that makes it about 6 years old. This was my 3rd Oppo player, and the first to give me any trouble. So I drove over to Oppo, and asked if they could fix it. They told me the sticking tray was not news to them and took in the player for repair. Next day they called and told me it's fixed. So I went over to pick it up and was told, no charge. I'm thinking...Nice after 6 years! While there I asked about the new cans. Guy walked me over to a can cubical, and said go for it. I spent a short time trying to find some decent CD's to listen to, but no luck(folks at Oppo have Horrid choices in music(IMO). I came back a few days later with my Fiio x1, and did a nice two hour session with the PM-3's
This was today, and I happily laid down the very fair $400. for my new PM-3 cans.

I've been a big fan of my Senn HD650's for close to 10 years. I'm not going to say the PM-3 walk all over the 650's, but I must say I'm getting a larger smile factor with the FiioX1/PM-3 combo.

I can honestly 100% state that the PM-3's are very fine cans. For a closed Can, they sound better than many opens in the same price range. Quite amazing (imo). Is there anything the guys at Oppo can not get right? I think not! They really need some kind of award, like most perfect track record.

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 10
  I can honestly 100% state that the PM-3's are very fine cans. For a closed Can, they sound better than many opens in the same price range. Quite amazing (imo). Is there anything the guys at Oppo can not get right? I think not! They really need some kind of award, like most perfect track record.

I'm also a big fan of Oppo.  (I have the BDP-103D and the old 970HD DVD player.)

And I also agree with you about the PM-3, they are amazing for the price!

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 10
The PM-3 is a great mobile headphone.  One of my favorites, especially for on the go.  

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 10
That's awesome you can drive over to their location. Did you have to make an appointment or is just like a walk in thing?

Just walk in, they never seem too busy to please a customer.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 10
  The PM-3 is a great mobile headphone.  One of my favorites, especially for on the go.  

You are correct, but I need to add, the PM-3 is a great headphone period(not just mobil). I brought my pair down to my friends studio, and he likes them sooooooo much, he claimed he'd be buying three pairs for studio work. He's no slouch, as he's got 17 gold records and a few platinum. Mostly R&B.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 10

You are correct, but I need to add, the PM-3 is a great headphone period(not just mobil). I brought my pair down to my friends studio, and he likes them sooooooo much, he claimed he'd be buying three pairs for studio work. He's no slouch, as he's got 17 gold records and a few platinum. Mostly R&B.

Wow! Nice!
Are we allowed to know who this platinum record star is?
Even Tyll Hertsens said in his review of the PM-3, that they would make excellent headphones for studio work.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #9 of 10

Wow! Nice!
Are we allowed to know who this platinum record star is?
Even Tyll Hertsens said in his review of the PM-3, that they would make excellent headphones for studio work.

I don't know who they are, I just see them on his wall. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #10 of 10
I am a huge Oppo Digital fan.  I’ve had several iterations of their upconverting DVD players, plus I got their BDP-83 right when it was available for pre-order.  I also got a BDP-103.  Within days of the public release of the PM-1 headphones I got those, and now finally I am about to join the owner’s club for the HA-2 portable amp!

Plus made plenty of recommendations to others that have resulted in purchases!

Their customer service has always been impeccable for me and the satisfaction I have gotten from every one of their products has always gotten me coming back for more!  They never cease to impress me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back