A sad day in heavy metal music
Sep 26, 2002 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

zspradlin

Head-Fier
On my way home frome work tonight, the DJ on the radio said something that just totally ruined my day. Motley Crue, the band that REALLY got me into rock, is planning their "farewell" tour. I heard that and it felt as though someone kicked me in the gut. All four of the original members will be together for one last tour. If you would like more info, check out www.motleycrue.com . I think this just ruined the rest of my week.
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2002 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 16
A bit late for a farewell tour since they haven't anything decent since late 1980's, the stuff from the 90's is truely lame, RIP. That said I really enjoy their early stuff:
-shout at the devil
-too fast for love
They rocked very hard for a hair metal band in the early days, along with early WASP albums this is cool stuff. Although albums like Girls, Girls + Dr Feelgood are fun and I own them, Crue had lost the fire of the early work and became a MTV hair metal band. The new remasters of early Crue contain some great bonus tracks!

Sep 26, 2002 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 16
Hmm.. my opinion is that they should have hung up their guitars and bandanas long ago. The mega-super-over-produced rock sound may come back again some decade -- you know, the mix down that makes every drum-set sound like an 1812 Overture canon exploding, and the singer sounds like a raspy quadruple-layered Paula Abdul?

biggrin.gif
Alright -- I'm not hanging hair-band-flame-bait, after all, they did pump out a couple cool tunes, but generally, they just don't have the skills and tools of the trade to keep on rockin', IMHO.

Sep 26, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 16
I wish that I were joking about a farewell tour. I saw on the Crue website that there is talk of their final tour being with Ozzfest next year. That'll be one hell of a show if that is true...

Sep 27, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by zspradlin
I wish that I were joking about a farewell tour. I saw on the Crue website that there is talk of their final tour being with Ozzfest next year. That'll be one hell of a show if that is true...

why the fu#$ is ozzy giving old washed up and nu-metal bands the time of day? What a sellout he has become.

Sep 27, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
why the fu#$ is ozzy giving old washed up and nu-metal bands the time of day? What a sellout he has become.

You must have heard the New Tattoo album too.

Sep 27, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
A bit late for a farewell tour since they haven't anything decent since late 1980's, the stuff from the 90's is truely lame, RIP. That said I really enjoy their early stuff:
-shout at the devil
-too fast for love
They rocked very hard for a hair metal band in the early days, along with early WASP albums this is cool stuff. Although albums like Girls, Girls + Dr Feelgood are fun and I own them, Crue had lost the fire of the early work and became a MTV hair metal band. The new remasters of early Crue contain some great bonus tracks!

Come along darkangel, Dr. Feelgood was their best song...

Sep 27, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 16
gah, i am so sick of hearing about these old dead and ****ty bands. here's my list of bands/members that i wish would just shutup and die:
motley crue
sammy hagar / david lee roth
axl rose (did any of you see his "performance" on the mtv video music awards recently? talk about pathetic.)
madonna
michael jackson
megadeth
metallica (complete and utter swine)

can anyone tell that i hate the eighties?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 27, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #12 of 16
lol, i agree with you about the above mentioned, grinch...

but... some of the best music came out of the 80's.

If you ever listened to underground batcave stuff, you'd know what i'm talking about.

Check out bauhaus, specimen, 45 grave, or death cult.

(much better than anything in this thread)

In fact, i don't know why i even replied to this, i hate metal. (with the exception of TNBM and Burzum)

Sep 27, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 16
Lol... what's with the blackmetal scene these days? It's like you're a poseur if you haven't killed 3 people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back