A really interesting find in late 2008 manufactured Se310!
May 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone that has read my posts in the past will know i am a huge fan of the shure se310,after trying tons of different iem's these are imo the second best iem around,only the ety er4p beats them.
So i decided that for my birthday i would treat myself to a black pair as i already had my grey ones.
So when i received them i unpacked them and put them in using my usual grey silicone tips,into my S638f and hit play.....in about the first minute of hearing them i thought hmmm something sounds different here,a real full bass,a very full sounding midrange and a really fizzy treble.
But it was the aforementioned bass that really struck me,now the 310 aren't known for their strong bass or indeed fizzy treble,but they just sounded so incredible.
Kick drums were so distinct in sabbath's rat salad,the bass line from kim deal in pixies gigantic was so clear and resonant it really amazed me,and the top end well that just sounded full and full of fizz!,just amazing really.
So i got out my trusty grey 310's and put them in and yep there was definitely a difference in the whole sound spectrum,and not for the worse either,everything about them was nigh on perfect.
Yes they are 100% official,so that's not a factor,but there is a real change in these that were made in october last year compared to my grey pair made in early 07.
Burn in is not a factor here either as i know these dont change in sound however long you have them,but to sound THIS good out the box is jaw dropping.
So i've had them with me now since the start of april and they are still amazing me with the sound,and yep they still sound better than my other pair.
So i have no idea if shure have changed the internal design of these but to be honest i don't care.
I have never heard a better iem than this and i think that speaks for itself.
Absolutely wonderful!

May 2, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 3
Thanks. I've always wanted to get a pair of the 310s, but I feel like I have to let my SCL3s croak before I can justify the purchase. Nice to know that waiting is worth it, if they keep improving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back