A realiable Transport
May 12, 2019 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

paparazzi mano

New Head-Fier
HI

I am looking to replace my ancient DX90. Hoping to find a transport with a built-in DAC that can play all the major format when I'm on the road or in the bus. To be honest, I do not need the sound to be very good because there is wayyyy to much noise when I'm outside with my Inear brand SD3 IEM. But when I'm home I would expect this transport to plug into my Hugo 1 and to my AKG712 HP. I was demoing the AK SR15 but not happy with the plastic feeling and the long startup.

I listen to mostly jazz and instrumental with some lite pop. And sometimes 80 electro music from Depeche Mode, UltraVox and etc.

Thanks for any recommendation

May 12, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 4
HI

I am looking to replace my ancient DX90. Hoping to find a transport with a built-in DAC that can play all the major format when I'm on the road or in the bus. To be honest, I do not need the sound to be very good because there is wayyyy to much noise when I'm outside with my Inear brand SD3 IEM. But when I'm home I would expect this transport to plug into my Hugo 1 and to my AKG712 HP. I was demoing the AK SR15 but not happy with the plastic feeling and the long startup.

I listen to mostly jazz and instrumental with some lite pop. And sometimes 80 electro music from Depeche Mode, UltraVox and etc.

Thanks for any recommendation
If I were just using IEMs on a bus and a transport for my home DAC.
I would get the the ES100 Bluetooth device that has LDAC and the Tempotec V1 transport/Bluetooth throw (which has LDAC). It’s not a DAP as it doesn’t play out through a headphone out. I just ordered one. I may go this route for my travel set up.

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello everybody,
Does anybody own Tempotec V1 (not analog version)?
If so did you manage to connect it to any DAC? I ordered a special audio cable but it did not help to connect the player to Fiio BTR3. I tried different setting in player's setting, like "Audio", "Dock" but no luck. Did anybody manage to use the player as a transport using the Type C cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back