A Quick Soundblaster Z Input/Output question
Sep 15, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gamerk2

New Head-Fier
I have a bit of an unusual connectivity situation: I'm primarily a PC gamer who's been using a Creative Soundblaster Z as my primary soundcard. However, I've been using a separate headset when using my Xbox One to game with my friends. More recently however, I've been looking to simplify my setup to have everything go through my PC/Soundcard [especially since Crossplay is a thing now].

Here's how I *think* everything will work:

PC: Creative Soundblaster Z -> Mic Input/Headphone Output -> Sennheisser GSP 500 Headset

This gets Audio Input/Output for the PC via my soon to arrive Sennheisser GSP 500. Xbox party chat will be done through the Xbox app, so no issues there.

What I'm unsure of is if I can get Xbox game audio to output from the headset as follows:

Xbox One: Optical Output -> Creative Soundblaster Z -> Optical Input -> "Listen to this device" -> Map to Headphone Output

I know normally you can listen to the Optical Input by setting the "Listen to this device" option. What I'm not sure is if I can do that while also using the microphone input on the same soundcard, given Windows can be a PITA when dealing with multiple audio input/outputs. [I currently can't test because I'm waiting for an optical cable that's long enough to reach between my Xbox One and PC to arrive.]

Worst case, I'll know in a day or two when everything arrives, but if anyone knows whether or not I can do this using a single sound device, I'd like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back