A questions about different versions of HD580
Sep 26, 2006 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bismack

100+ Head-Fier
I heard that HD580 has 3 different versions: German version(oldest), Ireland version(new), and latest version after Henn officially closed the line. The latest version is for the demand of distributers.
Are there any differences between these versions, and when were the periods each versions were made?
Thanks for reading.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 11
So wait, has the 580 been discontinued?

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 11
It was discontinued before. However, as distributers find there were still large demand, Senn manufactured the last batch of HD580, which I called the latest version. In China, as hd580 became fewer and fewer after it was discontinued, the price is about $230 now.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 11
I don't know about your separation, but there was
- HD580 (Very rare - I never saw one in person)
- HD580 Jubilee (basically a HD600 with other finish - Had the box, metalgrills and so on)
- HD580 Precision II (the most common 580 we all know)

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bismack
I heard that HD580 has 3 different versions: German version(oldest), Ireland version(new), and latest version after Henn officially closed the line. The latest version is for the demand of distributers.
Are there any differences between these versions, and when were the periods each versions were made?
Thanks for reading.

and
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxlMusikfreak
I don't know about your separation, but there was
- HD580 (Very rare - I never saw one in person)
- HD580 Jubilee (basically a HD600 with other finish - Had the box, metalgrills and so on)
- HD580 Precision II (the most common 580 we all know)

are these different? how can you tell one version from another? is one (aside from the jubilee) more desirable than another? i don't know which i have.
confused.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 11
Basically, some guys in Chinese headphone bbs claimed that the sound of the new version is at least 10-20% less good than that of the old one that was made in germany. So I want to confirm that or get more detail information from that. I also, hope I can get reviews of the latest version of hd580.
I have seen the picutures of both old and the new version; and there are 2 major difference on the oufit. I dare not to post here because they belong to others.

Sep 26, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
and

are these different? how can you tell one version from another? is one (aside from the jubilee) more desirable than another? i don't know which i have.
confused.gif

If it says HD580 Precision on it, it's the Precision version. If it doesn't, it isn't. If it's got a metal grille instead of the plastic grey one, it's a Jubilee.

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
If it says HD580 Precision on it, it's the Precision version. If it doesn't, it isn't. If it's got a metal grille instead of the plastic grey one, it's a Jubilee.

Okay, mine says precision on it, I guess mine's a newer one, but xxlMusikfreak states that this is the HD580 Precision II. Mine does not have roman numerals on it. Is the HD580 Precision simply another name for the HD580 "II" or is there another explanation?

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn

Jubilee also has a crazy pattern printed on it that looks like Carbon Fiber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back