A Question to Fellow Metalheads...
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
So I'm faced with a dilemma.  I would very much like to purchase Kreator's "Pleasure to Kill" but I don't know which version to get.  I've managed to track down the original CD release from the 80s, but I can always pick up the remastered version from 2002 for much less cost.  As cool as it would be to have the original pressing, I'm not sure if I'd want to pass up the remastered version if it's done properly.  What do you guys think?

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey Jigglybootch,
  After coming across your post, I looked through my music library and found the album (to the best of my remembrance it is the remaster, but I've since sold the physical cd).  Apart from what appears to be some slight distortion of the cymbals on the top end, I'm not hearing anything sonically damning in the remaster, so if you can save substantial money on the remaster, I'd go that direction.  Having said that, I've not actually heard the original pressing, to the best of my knowledge, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Cheers,
Zach

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 3
So far the price on the original pressing hasn't gone up too much.  But there are still 4 days left on the auction, so we'll see what happens.

I actually went this route with my Heathen CDs.  I bought the remaster of "Breaking the Silence" and couldn't stand how it sounded.  In my opinion, the original pressing is sonically superior.  That's why I'm fearful of the "Pleasure to Kill" remaster.  I have a love/hate relationship with remasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back