A question on the delivery times for Headamp.com
Aug 5, 2008 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dscans

100+ Head-Fier
Hi fellow forummers,

I would like to ask what is the general expected delivery time if I order from Headamp.com. The reason being I ordered a Gilmore Lite with DPS in January 2008, and it's now August, and I STILL have not received my amp. The site states an approximate 6 week delivery time for the amp. I have paid via Paypal, so obviously I have already paid for the amp in full. I have sent several emails to Headamp with no replies.

So, should I be getting worried?

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi fellow forummers,

I would like to ask what is the general expected delivery time if I order from Headamp.com. The reason being I ordered a Gilmore Lite with DPS in January 2008, and it's now August, and I STILL have not received my amp. The site states an approximate 6 week delivery time for the amp. I have paid via Paypal, so obviously I have already paid for the amp in full. I have sent several emails to Headamp with no replies.

So, should I be getting worried?

Justin is a good guy and you'll eventually get your amp. Or if you want to back out, I'm sure he'll refund your money. 7 months is a long time to wait and I understand your nervousness.

It's easier to get a hold of Justin by phone than by email. I suggest that you give him a call and find out when you can expect delivery of your amp. Then you can decide whether to proceed with the buy or to ask for a refund.

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 10
What a drag. I ordered mine in January, got it in March. But I did hound Justin by phone. Email was useless. Having said that, I really enjoy the amp. Good luck.

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 10
I ordered a DPS (without the Gilmore Lite) in March, and still waiting for it. I heard that some people who ordered the Gilmore Lite without the DPS got theirs earlier. Perhaps there's a problem with the DPS? I've been trying to get a hold of Justin, but no luck. He's a honest guy, and makes great amps. You just have to be very patient.

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks all who replied - at least it's reassuring to know that Headamp is a reputable company.

However, it would be nice if he could be a bit more communicative - just a reply to my emails saying the amp will be delayed or some such. At least I would know what's happening.

I'll probably wait for bit more....getting a refund to my Paypal account will be a hassle. Hope I don't have to wait TOO much longer
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALL Gilmore Lite orders have been shipped except for those with the DPS, I am waiting for a few more enclosures for them and will have them in a few weeks. I'll be able to fill all existing DPS orders but then it will be discontinued.

Thank you for your reply, Justin. I hope to be enjoying the amp in a few weeks, then
L3000.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Thank you Justin! I'm looking forward to trying the DPS with my Gilmore Lite.

Quote:

ALL Gilmore Lite orders have been shipped except for those with the DPS, I am waiting for a few more enclosures for them and will have them in a few weeks. I'll be able to fill all existing DPS orders but then it will be discontinued.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I'll be able to fill all existing DPS orders but then it will be discontinued.

What will be discontinued? The DPS or the Gilmore Lite as a whole? Any replacement planned?
smile.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Why are the DPS units being discontinued? Because of enclosure delays? I'm curious as I was planning on getting a GLite later this year specifically because I could avoid another wal-wart. Would you please let us know the reason? Will there be an alternative?? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back