A question on PPA power supply stage
Feb 28, 2004 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
I see that the PPA power supply has a high current part to drive the buffers and low current part to drive the op-amp. My question is that if I were to design a good regulated power supply with very small ripple, can I just use that to power both the buffers and op-amps? What would be the drawbacks?

I know this pobabaly had been answered before, so sorry for asking it one more time.
wink.gif

Update: Basically I want to know how the high current section works. What is V+, V- and B+? And if I have a good regulated power supply can I eliminate this section?

Feb 28, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 6
V- is a comon rail, while V+ and B+ are for an external adaptor and the battery board respectively. The diode on the PPA forms an OR bridge with the battery board so that plugging in an adaptor stops the power coming from the Battery board...

for the cost it takes to implement the low current section, it's not worth it to leave it out

g

Feb 28, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Having one TLE per set of rails keeps certain current loops small. If you try to get away with one TLE and separate rails for each channel, you may run into problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back