A question for the experts....
May 2, 2010 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wlb

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am partially deaf and wear in the ear hearing aids - but want to listen to my music through ipod and iphone, I am considering taking out my hearing aids to listen to the music and purchasing some high end IEM's (BTW would want to use them for sport as well)
Budget 500/600 $ MAX (My bad, I previously said that I did not have a budget without realizing the cost of the high end customs...)
However I have different levels of hearing, my left ranges -70 db to -100db (between 125 and 8000 hz)
and my right -50 to --100 (between 125 and 8000 hz).

I would need the highest sensitivity IEM's as I have 70% loss of hearing, would i need a portable amp?

I have been kindly recommended customs from JH and EarSolutions by other forum members, if I dont go custom which ones can you guys recommend? Help!

Thanks in advance.
WLB

May 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes, if you truly have no budget, JH Audio and others can customize your customs to match your hearing loss in each ear. Check out EarSonics, they're based in France and make some good products. They might be able to help you out.

May 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys.. I just checked out the JH site 1000$ for IEM's wow did I really say I did not have a budget
frown.gif
...will ask Earsonics if they can do anything..If I do not go the custom way is it worth spending on the other high end IEM with my situation?
I would need a high sensitivity I guess? So which models would be the loudest?

May 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by wlb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys.. I just checked out the JH site 1000$ for IEM's wow did I really say I did not have a budget
frown.gif
...will ask Earsonics if they can do anything..If I do not go the custom way is it worth spending on the other high end IEM with my situation?
I would need a high sensitivity I guess? So which models would be the loudest?

you can go for the JH5's which are 400 (and then add on top the impressions, (possible) customizing fees and such)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back