A question for Sensaphonics 2X-S owners
Apr 16, 2005 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ProleArtThreat

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting fitted for Sensas tomorrow and I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been in terms of the number of times they had to get refitted before they got a satisfactory fit. I'm hopng to luck out and get them to fit the first time out, but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that it may take several attempts before I'm happy with them.

If anyone could share their fitting experience, it would be helpful so I can at least have a realistic expectation of how soon it will be before I can actually start using them. I'm already getting impatient and I haven't even got the molds done yet. This is going to be a long few weeks.
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 3
According to my audiologist a good fit the first time out depends very much on what compound they use, and how they communicate this to Sensa. Some materials expand or contract a little once outside the ear. There's ways Sensas can guestimate it, but it's make their job harder if they don't know exactly what compound was used. He used a compound that retained its shape, and I got a perfict fit the first time around.

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
According to my audiologist a good fit the first time out depends very much on what compound they use, and how they communicate this to Sensa. Some materials expand or contract a little once outside the ear. There's ways Sensas can guestimate it, but it's make their job harder if they don't know exactly what compound was used. He used a compound that retained its shape, and I got a perfict fit the first time around.

That is great info to know. I wish Sensaphonics could have asked that of my audiologist when I was struggling multiple times to get a good fit.

Overall, I'd say hope for the best and prepare for the worst. The waiting is definitely the hardest part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back