A question for Klipsch Image S4 owners
Nov 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sean8

New Head-Fier
I just got these and am having a lot of trouble getting a good seal no matter which tips I use. The only way I am getting a decent seal is with the left earphone in my right ear and visa-versa. Is this normal? Are the S4's made this way or am I doing something wrong?

These are my first in-ears, so I probably am just missing something.

Thanks

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 10
If you have the time, I also use the modded Shure tri-flanges (smallest flange cut off and the stalk trimmed to the bottom of the large flange). They are larger than the gel flanges and provide an excellent seal. Just another option for the OP. Have you tried wearing them over the ear?

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks a lot. For now I've turned them upside down and that helped a lot. They're much more comfortable.

And I'm also now considering buying the Comply T-100s for these. But for now, they're alright.
I'm on a money diet after these, I'm 17 and work at MickeyD's so money for even something $15 is a bit hard to come by.

Thanks.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 10
If I use the small on the provided tips, should I get small for the Comply's or do they size differently?

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 10
The small tips from Klipsch are the smallest I have seen for an iem. Definitely go with the small. Try looking for the Shure small black foam tips. They are more durable and won't discolor over time like comply tips will.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 10
I found the klipsch small tips VERY small, and you do need an excellent seal. If you're tugging at the earphone and it moves easily, without almost a vacuum feeling resisting you, then you don't have a good seal. klipsch's sound may fool you to thinking you do, too.

I got the T100 complys today and they are VERY comfortable. More so than the Shure tips for me, though they don't isolate as well as Shures. FWIR they aren't as durable, but i gotta say the extra comfort is worth it. Not to say the Shure's aren't comfortable - they are - but there is a difference to me.

I went standard T100 size and they seem a hair smaller than M Shure black olives. I found the M klipsch gels a tad small and worked better with the L tips. Isolation on comply > gels.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 10
So if I get a good seal with a vacuum with the small provided tips, I just find them a bit uncomfortable to wear for a long time, does it sound like the Comply's are a good choice?

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I get a good seal with a vacuum with the small provided tips, I just find them a bit uncomfortable to wear for a long time, does it sound like the Comply's are a good choice?

complys are the most comfortable ones and it makes your s4 bassy lol trade off some highs~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back