A question for cigar lovers about air purifiers
Oct 9, 2007 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Monkeyfist

New Head-Fier
My former apartment building owner was a cigarette fiend/cigar afficiando and never cared about smoke odors in hallways. The new owner is totally different. She has told all the smokers (cigarette, cigar and the old hippie guy in #219 who smokes something illegal) that she will not tolerate the odor of smoke in the hallways.

Any suggestions on air purifiers that really do a good job on getting rid of cigar odors?

I've lived here since the mid 90', have great neighbors and love the community so I'd like to stay here rather than move.

Thanks.

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 6
Anything with a genuine HEPA filter is a good choice. The more CFM of air the better.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 6
I know this answer. Every year it is the top-rated air purifier. Austin Air Purifier. It has a charcoal drum Hepa filter which lasts for 5 years of continuous 24 hr. use. It is very quiet on the lowest setting which must be turned on 24/7 to be of use. But it is also inexpensive to run.

austinair.com/

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this answer. Every year it is the top-rated air purifier. Austin Air Purifier. It has a charcoal drum Hepa filter which lasts for 5 years of continuous 24 hr. use. It is very quiet on the lowest setting which must be turned on 24/7 to be of use. But it is also inexpensive to run.

austinair.com/

Googled that site and came up with "allergybuyersclub" which features not only austin air products but a whole section specifically dedicated to smoke-eliminting devices. Great site. Might have to buy one or two myself. Thanks for the tip and the resource

Users who are viewing this thread

Back