a question for anyone with radiohead's "ok computer"
Dec 13, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #17 of 23
Yup, it's chicken, and I'll back up Rizumu's observations. It's been a while since I spun this cd up. It just sounds too grimy for me to enjoy - not the most audiophile sound
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 23
ugh, if you don't listen to good music because of the sound quality then I'm sorry, you're a part of the most annoying group of people I know. Stop listening to the quality and start listening to the music. The production quality is perfectly average.

Dec 13, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 23
Okay, I'm giving this album one last chance. As I'm writing it I just cued it up. I've heard so much about it and I know alot of people love it, but I've listened to it twice and I'm not in love with it. Here goes number three.

And I do agree it's a pretty average recording, sadly.

Dec 14, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Mallow005
ugh, if you don't listen to good music because of the sound quality then I'm sorry, you're a part of the most annoying group of people I know. Stop listening to the quality and start listening to the music. The production quality is perfectly average.

It's one thing to enjoy the music because of the sound quality, and another to be fatigued by it despite excellent songs. I don't like it either when people don't give good music a chance if the sound isn't right. I gave it a chance, liked it, bought it, listened the hell out of it, then got tired of the headaches it gave me on my system. Now really, what's so annoying about that?

Dec 14, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 23
It's annoying because there are infinitely worse recordings out there that people still enjoy. For example, The Beatles, most things from the 60's, 70's, and misc other modern recordings. OK Computer isn't that bad and is perfectly listenable.

Dec 14, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #23 of 23
Certainly there are worse recordings. Maybe I shouldn't have made the audiophile reference in my original post. I do feel that music should be judged by substance over style, and I would listen to even the most brutally mixed albums (ie. Beatles mono tracks in different ears). It's the albums with a smeared, tinny sound (like ok..., and some U2) that disorient me when using headphones. Anyway, different strokes for different folks.

edit: I just gave this cd another spin on my newish amp, and thank god for the treble roll-off, because this cd is rather top heavy tonally speaking; in this case it reveals a lot of unpleasantness in the recording. All those years of shrill sounding gear still haunt me with the aversion I have to this cd.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back