what do you enjoy the most when:

a) practicing
b) performing
?

mememe:
a) trying to get some easy lick to groove good
b) when the audience is trying to be very quiet

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 9
a) Finally nailing the part you've been trying to get for a week a few times in a row, thereby proving that you can do it.

b) Just the experience generally.

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a) When you practice something for an hour, get frustrated because you can't do it right, and then come back later and magically are able to do it.

QFT!! That is the wierdest thing. With me, it can be a lick that I've been practicing for a week without getting it right and then suddenly, one day I can play it just like magic.

b) The best thing about performing is when you and the band are so in tune with each other and everything is flowing so easily, that you can actually step outside yourself and watch. Like for me as a guitarist, I can watch my fingers play and it's like they're doing it themselves, I'm not concentrating at all. Sounds like some freaky voodoo thing but I know some of you know what I'm talking about.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 9
I love to compose, but I dont really like practicing to much. The only time I like "practice" is when we jam. There is nothing better then an awesome jam session.

Getting into the music like never before. There is just something about performing that brings something more out of me and out of the music that makes it awesome.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a) A song that gets me and my band pumped up and leads to an extended jam session
b) Audience appreciating own compositions

Bingo. Especially A)

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #8 of 9
a) that if i keep going, i will eventually get it
smily_headphones1.gif

b) that i can touch the audience's emotions without saying a word

Users who are viewing this thread

Back