A question about PS2 and headphones..
Feb 26, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Ok, here goes. I'm currently thinking of somehow using my headphones (Eggos D66) to play my PS2 games or DVDs in order not to annoy my brother or anyone by those huge sounds I usually puts them on. Is there anyway I can do that ?

Does the PS2 have rca outs for audio? If it does, you can just get a rca-->1/4 adapter. Then get a coupler, which will alow you to plug your headphones into the adapter. Only problem with that is youd have no way to control the volume. Maybe you could just plug it in like normal into the tv and use the tv rca outputs to plug your headphones into, and control the volume by the tv volume

Feb 26, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 4
i have a ps2 connected to my denon reciever via optical cable. i'll either use a cha47 amp + cd1700 headphones, or the cd1700 right out of the headphone jack on the rec. positional cues while playing devil may cry are perfection, and make gameplay much better. when i'm not using headphones i just use my surround sound speakers.

the ps2 does not have rca outs, rather an a/v out, which uses a multicable which terminates in stereo rcs jacks (male), and a choice of interlaced video out, s-video, or coponent video (i use s-video into a 16:9 flat screen sony wega t.v. believe me, the graphics are jaw dropping on this setup).

what newbiez could do is either connect it to a reciever and use the headphone out, or get these items from radio shack:
female rca stereo jacks - male 1/8" plug
female 1/8" plug to female 1/8" plug adapter
inline volume controller
- connect the female rca jacks to the male rca jacks on the ps2 multi-cable
- put the female/female 1/8" adapter on the end of the 1/8" male plug
- connect your inline volume control to the other end of the female/female 1/8" adapter
- connect your eggos to the inline volume controller

i don't know how much volume you'll get from the ps2 w/o amplification, but all told you could try it for under $10 i think. good luck.

Feb 27, 2003 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, I'll try it if the chance comes laong
smily_headphones1.gif

For now I can only hope my orders for the Eggos goes smoothly, I'm in heck a lot of trouble if someone fecks up and would be almost my last internet shopping until me get me own credit card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back