A quality earphones..?
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cipsaz

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I need a quality earphones that do not brake within a year or so.. I've been buying a Sony MDR-ED21LP for years and the cable goes bad within a year, but since they are cheap, I don't mind throwing $15 every year. So last year I bought a Denon AH-C551K and they broke in a 6 months. They look cheap also. So $60 down the drain and now I need new earphones. I am looking at the ER6i, but still not sure.. How is the build quality? I use it mostly for running, so the cables have to be strong.

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 3
not sure about the strong cable with the er6i. the part of the cable where it splits into a Y up to the drivers (not the best description but i think u should understand) are really thin so it could be a problem if you are running but then again when i had them it was never for running so maybe somehere here has experienced them with running

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 3
The ER6i has decent build quality as do all Etymotics, but if they do have problems, it's usually at the plug where the connection may short out. This is a common problem, but it happens a lot less often with L plugs than it does with straight plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back