A problem with my Yuin PK3s: advice?
Feb 15, 2009 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

parhelictriangle

100+ Head-Fier
I just received a pair of Yuin PK3s, and couldn't be happier with the sound. I do have a complaint, which the attached picture should demonstrate fairly well.

So, what would you do? This shouldn't negatively effect the sound in any way, right-- both R and L earbuds should be identical in specs and ergonomics, correct? Should I just nailpolish over the "L" on the right hand side so that I'm hearing the R-L presentation properly?

Hmmm.

Other than being caught off guard by a familiar song playing with channels reversed before I noticed this little defect, the PK3s sound astonishingly good for the price.

This little issue isn't worth trying to contact head-direct over, right?

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 9
That would bug me if I were to listen to music, but that picture alone just cracks me up for some reason!
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 9
looks like a friday at 4:45 kind of job...quite unique...for me, i would like a different feel between right & left, so i could insert correctly in the dark...like my beyers & the little dots for right & left...g

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would bug me if I were to listen to music, but that picture alone just cracks me up for some reason!
tongue.gif

I was initially pretty disappointed when I realized this, but as I'd been listening to the PK3s for a little while and had been enjoying them immensely, the disappointment quickly resolved into a general amusement. It's a pretty funny defect on an otherwise great product. If these cost a hundred more, I would be less amused.

Calexico: The defect does appear to be cosmetic only, and channels sound correct (assuming I have the True Left earbud in my left year). I threw on a familiar track which begins with guitar hard-panned in the left channel (Isis - "Hym"), quickly swapped True Left and False Left once I realized I'd again fallen victim to False Left's deception, and with Sharpie in hand, made quick work of impostor False Left's bothersome "L." Triumph.

I'm guessing there's no raised bump/braille on the official "R" PK3 for dark/blind positioning?

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing there's no raised bump/braille on the official "R" PK3 for dark/blind positioning?

The R/L on my PK3 isn't distiguishable to my fingers in the dark, but the piece of tape I put on my left line near the bud is my guide!

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 9
lol, thats brilliant. I put a tie-wrap around my left earbud's wire since the markings have worn off. would keep yours like they are though (little tape on the wire perhaps), they're unique!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back