A problem in MD33
Dec 28, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 13
Do you absolutely need the extension cord?

One of its main uses is to convert the plug from 4-pole to 3-pole, but I've discovered that it's not always necessary. If I recall correctly, the MD-33S works alright without the extension when using the iPod. Have you tried it without the cord for your player?

If it works without the extension cord (ie. your player is fine with a 4-pole plug), then maybe you should just buy a normal extension cord from somewhere (RadioShack, BestBuy, online, etc).

If you *do* need the 4-pole to 3-pole conversion, then you could a) Look for an adapter that is shorter, b) Get a rubber band or something like that to tie up and shorten your current extension cord.

Dec 28, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 13
I carefully applied a tiny drop of solder and made the 4-pole a 3-pole. Tiny is the word, otherwise the thing won't fit.

Dec 28, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 13
using the MD33s without the extension cord on an iPod, or any other normal 3-conductor 1/8" jack, will cause you to only have sound on the left channel.

Dec 28, 2004 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 13
Thank you
biggrin.gif

What is the use of ground?
I use tinfoil instead of solder so it does not damage my md33

Dec 28, 2004 at 12:57 PM Post #9 of 13
I found the extension cord long too, so i keep it tied up next to the player.
Without the extension though, the cord is really short (those 20 cms it adds while tied make up for it).

Dec 28, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing1234
What is '4 pole'
confused.gif
?

Four pole are for the sharp 'Auvi units' which has 4 seperated poles... Normal 3pole plugs have a combined earth, while the 4pole is serprated earths for both sides of the earphone

Dec 28, 2004 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

What is '4 pole'
confused.gif
?

The ground channel is separated into left ground and right ground, whereas a normal jack has only one ground.

Dec 28, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomForce
I found the extension cord long too, so i keep it tied up next to the player.
Without the extension though, the cord is really short (those 20 cms it adds while tied make up for it).

Right. When I run it through my amp, I don't need the adaptor but then it's way too short.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

I use tinfoil instead of solder so it does not damage my md33

How do you keep the tinfoil in place? Aren't you worried the foil will tear off and stay behind in your player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back