A player just for music???
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Super Funk

New Head-Fier
Hi all, i've been listening music through a Sansa Clip+ and Shure Se 215...
I'm totally disappointed with all the hype the clip+ received!!!
After 2 weeks the phone out has started to miss a channel randomly (like bad welds can do) and the battery is pretty useless.
Plus the player switch on by itself, and often when i pick it up, it's already out of battery.

Anyway, i'm looking for a replacement, i'd like a player with these caracteristics:
-strong
-way better battery life
-strong, no matter if it's big or very heavy
-plays flac
-strong
-real line out
-no less than 32gb or expandable memory
-strong!!!
-i don't really like touch screens...

Is there such a player?
i forgot to mention it has to be very strong, i don't want to destroy the thing when left in my bag. that's why i don't fancy touch screens, but i know it's more than a trend nowadays.

Thanks if someone wanna help

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 14
well what do you expect $50 could do? lol, try the hisound daps, its virtually build like a brick... heres a review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98EDMhWzIs&feature=plcp&context=C45d682bVDvjVQa1PpcFM712QJD3vtg4IL19JKpnJxDY2QbDq-hvc%3D

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 14
why don't you just get a hard case for your clip? for me the sound is fine, and the battery life is also fine as lasts me all day. You could get a little pelican box and put two or three clips in it.... (more battery, and backup when you need it - at these prices, you can get about 10 for the price of the "high end" players...

i had problems with the studio turning on, but it is pretty solid - crappy UI

most of class screen Apple products have broken screens... but still work.

my 2nd gen iPod nano has been fine through thick and thin - everything still working about 6 years later - but doesn't meet your storage or music requirements

but i think the iPod classic is about the closest thing you will find....

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 14
Hype about the Clip+?? From what I have read the Clip+ and Fuze+ are both quite poor and don't really deserve to carry the names of the old players.

Unfortunately my old original Fuze has just died so I am in a similar boat and looking for something to replace it with. Can still find a few of the original ones but they seem to be overpriced and harder to come by...

So in a similar vein what is currently available and comparable to the Fuze? Although maybe not the hardiest it took a fair bashing until the headphone socket finally broke (well my first one actually died after getting sand inside from being used on the beach but I still liked it enough to buy the same player again.)

Although one of the most important factors for me is being able to play files by file structure and NOT relying on the files being tagged correctly! That, sounds quality, battery life and hardiness.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Hype about the Clip+?? From what I have read the Clip+ and Fuze+ are both quite poor and don't really deserve to carry the names of the old players.

Are we living in the same universe?

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:

Unfortunately my old original Fuze has just died so I am in a similar boat and looking for something to replace it with. Can still find a few of the original ones but they seem to be overpriced and harder to come by...

So in a similar vein what is currently available and comparable to the Fuze? Although maybe not the hardiest it took a fair bashing until the headphone socket finally broke (well my first one actually died after getting sand inside from being used on the beach but I still liked it enough to buy the same player again.)

Although one of the most important factors for me is being able to play files by file structure and NOT relying on the files being tagged correctly! That, sounds quality, battery life and hardiness.

The Fuze+ is a disappointment, yes, but not the Clip+.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
The Fuze+ is a disappointment, yes, but not the Clip+.

Fair enough, might give the Clip+ a try then. Worth going to the Clip Zip or not overly if you don't think you need the extra screen? Battery life is more important than screen on a basic music player as far as I'm concerned and larger and/or colour screens generally take more juice...

Good to see it seems Rockbox support exists for them :)

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
Fair enough, might give the Clip+ a try then. Worth going to the Clip Zip or not overly if you don't think you need the extra screen? Battery life is more important than screen on a basic music player as far as I'm concerned and larger and/or colour screens generally take more juice...

Good to see it seems Rockbox support exists for them :)

I sold my Clip+'s and got Zips....newer battery trumps older battery, and with Rockbox the battery life is better, and you can keep the screen black and white if you want. I wouldn't use either Clip+ or Zip without Rockbox....lol.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
well what do you expect $50 could do? lol, try the hisound daps, its virtually build like a brick... heres a review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98EDMhWzIs&feature=plcp&context=C45d682bVDvjVQa1PpcFM712QJD3vtg4IL19JKpnJxDY2QbDq-hvc%3D

Honestly, those reviews are worth nothing to me... anything of any product is just fantastic... how can they be trustable?

Another thing i hate of Clip+ is the very bad radio reception...
Anyway, Zerafa wrote about the iphone classic.
Does this player (the i phone classic) handle flac? is it strong? is it worth the price?

Edited the last phrase

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
Honestly, those reviews are worth nothing to me... anything of any product is just fantastic... how can they be trustable?

Another thing i hate of Clip+ is the very bad radio reception...
Anyway, Zerafa wrote about the iphone classic.
Does this player handle flac? is it strong? is it worth the price?

which player are you referring to?
the rocoo dap plays flac
the clip+ & clip zip plays flac
the classic plays alac, flac also if you rockboxd it

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #11 of 14
Just thinking... do you guys think the jack socket could be easy to fix with some resoldering?
Has someone opened the Clip+?
At this point i have little to loose, and i could make a frankenstein player.

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Just thinking... do you guys think the jack socket could be easy to fix with some resoldering?
Has someone opened the Clip+?
At this point i have little to loose, and i could make a frankenstein player.

Here's a video on how to open up the Clip+ I'm sure you could solder the HO points.

Using something like this Nokia opening tool would get the job done faster.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #14 of 14
i went from clip+ to iPod Classic, i was let down by the build of the clip+ too.

The Classic is well built, if you rockbox it, it will play flac.

It has plenty of storage space, and has Line Out.

Good luck, regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back