A perfect sub $500 IEM recommendation?
Nov 8, 2015 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

GoodGucciGoo

100+ Head-Fier
Ayo, I have been reading lots of threads lately and I have yet to find a perfect pair for me.
I listen to jazz, classical music but also listen to pop and r&b. I previously owned er4. The treble made me happy but i didnt enjoy the annoying cable noise and lack of bass.
I'm looking for a pair of iem that has an impactful bass, clearity and a warm sound signature. Hopefully i don't need a dap/amp for my iem?
I want to hear the detail of the music and be in the music. I don't think I'm classified as an audiophile lol and I just want a pair of fun iem that can put a smile on my face.

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 19
Sony Z5   Look no further 

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 19

I own the one model below the A3 and the Big Brother Z7. I have had the pleasure of trying them though and I don't know wha's better their build or their amazing sound. Like them better than iems twice the price.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 19
Sennheiser IE 80 is basically the 'Holy Grail' in a way.

Like how the HD600/HD650 is like the holy grail of headphones (at its price range), the IE 80s don't 'specialize' in anything (in my opinion) so they don't do a single thing amazingly, but they do everything pretty damn awesome still.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 19
Ayo, I have been reading lots of threads lately and I have yet to find a perfect pair for me.
I listen to jazz, classical music but also listen to pop and r&b. I previously owned er4. The treble made me happy but i didnt enjoy the annoying cable noise and lack of bass.
I'm looking for a pair of iem that has an impactful bass, clearity and a warm sound signature. Hopefully i don't need a dap/amp for my iem?
I want to hear the detail of the music and be in the music. I don't think I'm classified as an audiophile lol and I just want a pair of fun iem that can put a smile on my face.

I would like to echo another member on here. The Sony XBA-A3... Look no further. With the extra 100 bucks or so (after duties and tax) buy the upgrade cable. 

That said, I have my A3 for sale if you are interested. I am upgrading to the Z5 (yes, that is how much I am in love with the XBA line)

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 19
@Ventace i heard some mixed reviews about ie80. I guess my main concern is if it has a good isolation?

The IE80 has good isolation. I've tried my friends' on a couple of occasions. The Sony XBA-A3 is still the clear winner for me.

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 19
Westone fan +1 now
beerchug.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #13 of 19
I just tried westone pro 30 and it's amazing! I've never thought BA iem could produce a nice bass like dynamic!

But you miss that sense of low-end air pushing through with a true dynamic :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back