A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine"
Sep 26, 2004 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

phkd

100+ Head-Fier
go to APC's website click "music" then "listen" then the song. I like it... i don't know, anyone else?

Sep 27, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 7
IMO, it's a terrible cover of the orignal, but a really good song by itself that actually sounds nothing like the orignal, but it's own song.

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyena
IMO, it's a terrible cover of the orignal, but a really good song by itself that actually sounds nothing like the orignal, but it's own song.

I personally think those make the best covers.

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif

Hmmm. This is true.

Over the two, I believe I prefer the orignal though.

Sep 28, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif

Me too. I like covers that aren't just the same songs with different vocals or something.

Sep 29, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft
Me too. I like covers that aren't just the same songs with different vocals or something.

I 100% agree to that too... As a "covers' freak" I very much enjoy listening to different interpretations of the same song - the more original the cover is, the more interesting it gets... True artists have strong personalities and original views and their interpretations are always different...

Regarding this specific one - I find it *very* disappointing, especially coming from somebody as talented as Maynard (for example, his interpretation of Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter" with Tool is really awesome, IMO) I feel there was huge potential here - both the song and the artist - and the result is qualifying as *so & so* (*O.K.*at the most...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back