A Perfect Circle sounds like trash on my a900's How about MS-1?
Feb 27, 2007 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

pheonix991

500+ Head-Fier
I was listening to my A900s and Emotive by A Perfect Circle. When I wasn't concentrating on my homework, and listening to the music, I noticed, it didn't sound nearly as good as the rest of my music. I've been wanting to get some MS-1's for a while now, are they any better with A Perfect Circle than the A900's?

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 15
2 things I have to say:
1. MS-1 do great with rock, including APC. I haven't heard A900 tho.
2. Emotive is horrible - maybe one good song. I hope you have the other APC albums!

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 15
haven't heard the ms-1's, but perfect circle and tool sound the best i've ever heard them with hf-1's, and pretty close to that on sr-225's, so i'd assume that the ms-1's would sound fantastic as well

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 15
I think it has something to do with that disc. Try either of APC's other discs, and the results will be much better.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by upangel180 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it has something to do with that disc. Try either of APC's other discs, and the results will be much better.
wink.gif

No, Mer de Noms is the same way. And to the guy a few posts above, I have all their albums!

Okay, thanks guys. Glad the MS-1's will fix my problem!

Might get some iGrados first, I need something for school....

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

A Perfect Circle sounds like trash on my a900's

Just on the A900?

-ducks-

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, Mer de Noms is the same way. And to the guy a few posts above, I have all their albums!

I think 13th Step has much better recording quality than Mer de Noms. I couldn't listen to Mer de Noms until I bought it on vinyl.
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by JXBJXB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think 13th Step has much better recording quality than Mer de Noms. I couldn't listen to Mer de Noms until I bought it on vinyl.
icon10.gif

Like I said, all the albums don't sound so great. And, I'm not financially ready to get a vinyl setup.

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Like I said, all the albums don't sound so great. And, I'm not financially ready to get a vinyl setup.

i've heard the A900 are not that great for music.. plus, its always cool to have to pairs of headphones!

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've heard the A900 are not that great for music.. plus, its always cool to have to pairs of headphones!

Too true. I can't wait till I have more money!
biggrin.gif

GO TEAM HIGHSCHOOL POSTING FROM SCHOOL!

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Too true. I can't wait till I have more money!
biggrin.gif

GO TEAM HIGHSCHOOL POSTING FROM SCHOOL!

haha yeah man... my graduation present to myself is going to be an RS-1 and a mapletree earpurist HD
smily_headphones1.gif

i've got till may to save up!
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha yeah man... my graduation present to myself is going to be an RS-1 and a mapletree earpurist HD
smily_headphones1.gif

i've got till may to save up!
eek.gif

Nice! I'm going to try to swing a RS-1 from my parents, they said they would get me a lappy, but, I'm getting one before I graduate.... So, what better a present than HEADPHONES!!!!
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back