A partial history of headphones
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #46 of 53
And then everything changed again with the introduction of the first OPEN headphone by Sennheiser in 1968.

Soundquality was taken (not only by Sennheiser) to the next level with that invention.

Aug 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #47 of 53
Quote:
If it wasn't for the war would headphones even exist at all today?

Quote:
And then everything changed again with the introduction of the first OPEN headphone by Sennheiser in 1968.

Soundquality was taken (not only by Sennheiser) to the next level with that invention.

That's kinda crazy how something as terrible as war jumpstarted the development of headphones >.> dang it millitary science! 

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #48 of 53
WOW! I'm late in seeing this piece. Thank you Joe for posting this. Fascinating.

And while I have no idea where the future of headphones is trending (honestly said as an industry insider) I do need to shine a spotlight on the innovations and contributions of Jawbone. They turned the industry upside down with the introduction of the Jambox. While everyone else was focused on making a better widget, they went outside the box and asked an even bigger question. The way I see it, we can't have a real discussion about the future of headphones without now including wireless speakers as a headphone alternative. Hats off to the original Jambox team!

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:
WOW! I'm late in seeing this piece. Thank you Joe for posting this. Fascinating.

And while I have no idea where the future of headphones is trending (honestly said as an industry insider) I do need to shine a spotlight on the innovations and contributions of Jawbone. They turned the industry upside down with the introduction of the Jambox. While everyone else was focused on making a better widget, they went outside the box and asked an even bigger question. The way I see it, we can't have a real discussion about the future of headphones without now including wireless speakers as a headphone alternative. Hats off to the original Jambox team!

Neat I'm glad I looked those guys up! 

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

IMO you are giving too much credit to Jawbone. The internals of the Jambox are licensed from FoxL, who originated the design. And according to most reviewers the FoxL is a superior product. I have their new Dash 7 model on order.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #51 of 53
Quote:
IMO you are giving too much credit to Jawbone. The internals of the Jambox are licensed from FoxL, who originated the design. And according to most reviewers the FoxL is a superior product. I have their new Dash 7 model on order.

I had no idea that Jambox licensed the internals from Soundmatters / FoxL. Thank you for the clarification. Nonetheless, I still believe that Jambox popularized the concept and enabled it to reach a mass market adoption rate.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #52 of 53
Quote:
I had no idea that Jambox licensed the internals from Soundmatters / FoxL. Thank you for the clarification. Nonetheless, I still believe that Jambox popularized the concept and enabled it to reach a mass market adoption rate.

Agreed. Jambox is much better known and I am sure they have much larger sales. I doubt if FoxL cares since they make money either way
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back