A partial history of headphones
Mar 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 53
That was historically fun. More please!!! Would love a sort of history timeline for different manufacturers.. showcasing their early development to where they are now. THAT would be great.

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #17 of 53
Quote:
That was historically fun. More please!!! Would love a sort of history timeline for different manufacturers.. showcasing their early development to where they are now. THAT would be great.

AKG has that, as does KOSS, check their websites.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #18 of 53
deadhorse.gif
...some history...

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 53
enjoyed reading this article, just my opinion, I think the earphone of the future will be shift towards wireless and bluetooths. With nowaday getting to see so many wireless equipment around in the market. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #24 of 53
Quote:
enjoyed reading this article, just my opinion, I think the earphone of the future will be shift towards wireless and bluetooths. With nowaday getting to see so many wireless equipment around in the market. 

Good point but i don't think it will happen anytime soon though.
My friend uses Jay Bird wireless earphones and while smallish, the battery life isn't quite long enough. Also with wireless stuff...it's one more thing you need to remember to recharge...

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #26 of 53
Interesting stuff indeed.

I have a pair of headphones which are obviously copies of the Baldwin ones. They belonged to my great-uncle, who was a signal operator in the British Army during WWI. They don't have any brand name on them. All they have etched into the cup is the impedance - 4000 ohms!  Oddly, Grado cups fit into the headband. Not surprising given the antiquated style of Grados. The WWI 'phones are more robust (although I don't thing the moving iron drivers would sound too great!).

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #27 of 53
I imagine a future where everyone will have their own aural "identity", where music can be beamed and picked up by individuals who pay for a subscription, no headphones required, just a small implant.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:
I imagine a future where everyone will have their own aural "identity", where music can be beamed and picked up by individuals who pay for a subscription, no headphones required, just a small implant.

Which I would hate. I love headphones.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #30 of 53
This got me thinking about my old Koss Pro's, in the attic I think. Got them at a little electronics repair / supply store, saved up bussing tables at the local country club when I was maybe 15 yo. That was the beginning for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back