A Nice Mini - Toslink Cable
Mar 10, 2009 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

npcraig

Head-Fier
I currently have a Monoprice cable, but I am getting static after using it and I am thinking it is the cable. Where can I get a higher quality cable (the Monoprice was about $1.50 i think?)? Maybe a site that has LODs too so I can order one of those at the same time with quick shipping (for a trip this next week).
biggrin.gif

I am hooking this up from my MacBook Pro to my iBasso D10.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 4
Mar 10, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sys Concept Inc. Fiber Optic Products Attenuators, Patch cords, Laser Diodes, Connectors, MP3, Toslink, Hybrid Adapter and more: MiniPlug to Toslink Premium Optical Cable 0.05 to 50 meters

just got one myself - excellent build quality, and they literally will have it shipped out to you within 24 hours of placing the order
biggrin.gif

Wow. I have that in my cart almost checked out now, and I made this forum to make sure there wasn't some other site I didn't know about that was better.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm using THIS cable and have had no problems with it. It's expensive, but it's quite thick and seems to be well made. It's about as thick as a good quality RCA.

Note: There is a large debate regarding optical cables, and I have yet to see an improvement in sound quality other than the disappearance of static (I too had a monoprice one, giving me static).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back