A newbie from the UK looking for some help
Apr 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bigc23

New Head-Fier
Hi Chaps,

First off thanks for taking the time to have a quick butchers at my post.

I'm from the UK and am looking at some Custom IEM's. There doesn't seem to be a great range of products based here other than Minerva and ACS.

My situation is this however, I am going to be in the US for a couple of weeks in May and wanted to sort out whats the best way to go, either go with a company based here in the UK (more than likely Minerva) or get some impressions done here, ship em off to a US company and get them made and pick them up in the US in May (I have family in NYC).

I also have another question, Silicon or Acrylic? the 1964's just look bad ass with some of those graphics on the faceplate and being able to see the inerds of the IEM is awesome in the acrylic, but it seems the overall graphics and looks of the silicon option is no where near as professional looking (probably because silicon is a nightmare to work on)

I will mainly be using my iPhone and Macbook for my audio and love a whole range of music from 80's Motown - Hip Hop - Rock - Country.

I would just like to know what you guys think.

Many thanks in advance for your comments.

All the best

OH p.s my budget is around £400 which is $650 so around that price would be great.

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for that mate.

Anyone else got some tips and advice for me. Still no idea what's best really. Might be better to stay in the UK from what Dave has said.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back