a new, Refined "Whats the best headphones for me" Thread! :D [For me, Obviously hah]
Oct 8, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 28
better as in tighter or more bloated? :p I rather have little bass than too much bass..

Anyhow, the RP-21 for sale on the forums are to CONUS only right now
frown.gif
I'm trying to convince john to be nice... lol. but it doesn't seem to good.

and the senn's deal for 100$ is to conus only also... because its from a retail store... i'm trying to get 2'nd hand deals..

So its final that its best for me to start with RP-21? =)

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 28
To above, have you ever heard the RP-21? I am also leaning towards the ES7 due to size and looks, but the RP-21 gets praised around here much more than the ES7.. [although it is also very well rated]

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 28
I have never heard the RP21's. I noticed them quite a bit when researching for my purchase. I think that the ES7's are starting to gain a larger following as they are becoming more widely available. The ES7's also seemed to fit my needs more (more compact, better build quality, and last of all looks-RP21's looked cheesy to me-to much plastic). As far as sound quality goes, the opinions were pretty good on both cans. It just depends on your the type of sound signature you prefer. I have learned that you can't always go on what people say sounds better. This can vary way to much as you have probably already noticed on the forum. Sound quality unfortunately is not cut and dried. I have never regretted purchasing the ES7's so I consider myself lucky.

Oct 8, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #20 of 28
Since I've heard neither of the four mentioned headphones, I can't tell which sound signature I like.... I can tell for sure that AKG K181/81DJ were not for me, for example - 'cause I've heard them...

Oh, one question, I don't care about can's size [circum or supra]too much, but are the rp-21 foldable? They look like they are...

Thanks,

-Jo

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #22 of 28
they seem to be foldable... but it doesnt say so any where...

any how im supposed to get a chance to hear them and the es7 soon enough [it seems that the denon ah-d1000 and hd-21 are out for now]... I sure do hope that i'll really like one of these pairs..

Thanks - I'll update you what happens next!

-Jo

p.s. if someone could tell me if they are or are not foldable it will be great.

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #23 of 28
Got to hear the RP-21 today.

I Can't say they sound bad, they sound alright, but what I didn't like is that although the bass in them is not as smothered as in the K81DJ, the drums are still not highlighted enough, and the electric guitars also get a bit rolled off... and I needed to EQ them quite a bit to get to a less rolled off electric guitars and a bit more highlighted drums [I think the drums I am talking about are already in the 250-1Khz range and not in the 6-250Hz range, though i'm unsure]

I did like the warm sound however of these headphones..

Right now, I'm not certain I like them enough to buy them, But i've decided to consider the Etymotic ER6i or the Earlier considered ATH-ES7, although im starting to lose my trust @ closed full sized cans..

What do you say, which one will give me the sound i'm looking for? :/ I was hoping the RP-21 will be what i'm looking for... >.<

-Jo

Edit:

I Forgot to mention there are two good deals on the FS forums for both mentioned headphones.... though I also heard the Denon D1000 are great phones [but i have not heard about how they sound what so ever]... should I wait for a good sale on them instead of jumping on one of the current sales?

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #25 of 28
could someone please give me a head-to-head comparsion between the ES7, Denon d1k and RP-21? and finally tell me if I should buy the ES7 or wait for d1k [or another pair] according to my sound-signature desires?

Thanks,

-Jo

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.F. Jo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and the senn's deal for 100$ is to conus only also... because its from a retail store... i'm trying to get 2'nd hand deals..

A senn hd25-1 for $100 new?
blink.gif
Where?

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #27 of 28
was.....lol.. and quite a bit of a bad time to go off topic when i've been bumping this for like three days now XD but nvm haha

ONtopic answer, people?

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 28
In your price range, based on what you said, go with the ES7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back