A New Pastime
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lazarus Short

Headphoneus Supremus
I love maps. No, I REALLY love maps. Paper maps, globes, whatever. Now in the virtual world, I used to take virtual tours of countries - click on "Images" and type in the name of a country. I like the landscapes, forests, mountains, lakes, trails, etc. Most countries or regions yield such photos, except Japan. An image search for Japan gives you (mostly) cityscapes, group photos, and gadgets. Hilarious.

The other day, I was looking for a place using Google Maps, and accidentally activated Street View. Wow oh wow!! After seeing how it all worked, I am dragging the little orange guy all over the place: farm roads in Kansas, lighthouses in New Brunswick, favorite places in the Ozarks, my brother's house in Wyoming, etc, etc, etc. I'm getting wanderlust...
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 4
My city was one of the first to get streetview, so I spent a log of hours in the school library looking at my house instead of writing papers...

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, I have spent hours on Google Maps with Street View as well.
I find it a great way to bring back memories from numerous trips, or even to plan new trips.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4
I hear you, Laz. I'm not always a Google fanboy, but I'm amazed at what a monumental achievement it was to get Streetview in all the places that they have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back