A new guy on the block, and some help with choosing my next set of headphones!
Sep 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MiloD

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody! Milo here.

I suppose I should put a little background here because it's an introduction. Let's see. I love my electronic music! I really enjoy the likes of Solar Fields and H.U.V.A. Network, so I guess a bit of ambient/psy trance over here. I'm also always finding new stuff I enjoy, and love finding new artists. I've gone through quite a few headphones, but I'm just now finding what I really like in a pair of headphones. Which leads to...

And now to my question to all of you out there! I've been lurking around the forums for a while, and I haven't really found a conclusive answer to the one thing I'm looking for. Forward, textured, and bass with quite a bit of weight to it. I love the sub-bass, but that's not the only thing I'm looking for. Textured, accurate bass is sought after, too. I listen mainly to instrumentals and synthy soundscapes, so anything to do with vocals aren't needed. A bit of twinkle in the highs would be nice, too, just not too forward. As for my budget, I'm hoping to go around $200 or less (Though, $20 or $50 more might be do-able). I've been looking at the Custom One Pro's by Beyerdynamic for a while, with the adjustable bass and all, and the V-Moda LP over-ear headphones, alone with those Sony XBA-H1's to be released hopefully sometime soon in the US market. Also have been looking at Sennheiser Momentum on-ears and those Onkyo ES-HF3000, but a few things dissuade me from each.

Thanks for any and all help, and apologies in advance if this question has been already answered elsewhere or I seem a little too picky! Just trying to get the best audio for my ears is all!

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 4
You should consider Yamaha's HPH-200. You can read about them here at head-fi. I find them great for electronic music. Very Nice punchy bass. Good timbres and textured mids. I think their sound allow you to feel the energy in music with great impact. Not the best headphone for just sitting and relax while an orchestra plays for you.

Best Luck!

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey, thanks! I've looked into them a bit, and they do look pretty good! There are a few problems I have with them, though. First of all, they don't look very durable. Looks can be deceiving, I know, but I'd like to be able to use them for a few years. Another thing, and I suppose it does with the durability of the headphones, but the cords look fixed, and they don't look too strong, either!
Though, they are at a very good price point, and open back headphones would be a first for me. Definitely tempting!

Again, thanks!

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 4
In terms of quality this headphones are made of hard plastic and metal. Cable isn't thick and it is not detachable, I guess Yamaha choose this cable to improve confort for those who use this headphone on the go with portable players.
In my opinion this are durable headphones if you take a little care. Not as durable as V-moda M100 or Philips Construct for example which were designed mainly thinking in durability.
I have them since about a year with no problems at all, and plan to have them at least 2 or 3 more years. But I take a lot of care with my headphones =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back