A new arrival - the oft overlooked Audio Technica D1000 Optical Headphones
Aug 26, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macromedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D1000 do that. Not the macbook. Maybe I misread you reply. I thought you said using the macbook's amp/DAC. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm saying he's using the headphones...

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm really interested in these 'phones, as I have a new Macbook Pro and a hankerin' for some great sound. It's been a few months, so what do you think?

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 25
I'm pretty curious, too.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #22 of 25
Yep. Curious.

(There's an even more obscure brother set of cans that plugs into the USB port of a computer and otherwise seems to do the same thing. I found it on the Audio-Technica site in Japanese only. Has its own software etc.)

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upsampling is sillyness. You can't improve a signal by pretending that you have twice as much of it.

Haha wow, wait.
tongue.gif
Do you actually know what upsampling does or how digital to analog conversion works?

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #25 of 25
I had seriously considered those at one point, but at the time all I had was a Macbook or home DVD for optical out. Now I have THREE Sony pcdp with optical and an iRiver H140 (my H120 died and I got a refund 6 weeks later).

I instead decided on a seperate DAC/AMP like and got the iBasso D1 instead. The advantage is I can roll opamps in the iBasso and ALL my headphones/earphones benefit.

The good comparo would be the iBasso with ATH-D900 vs the D1000. For about the same price you can either have a smaller package or a more versatile package, but what about the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back