A never-seen-before treat from ViaBlue...
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

scootermafia

MOT: Double Helix Cables
Ok, so these things are awesome. I never knew they existed. Av-outlet carries them. It's an aluminum alloy y-splitter for cables, and it's going on the Y-split of a Sennheiser cable. It's light and compact and looks badass. I wish it didn't cost $10 per plus shipping, but that's life. If you buy $25 or more worth of lewts you get free shipping.

Search for: Viablue SC2 splitter

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 26
Via have quite a few nice things like this, their website is worth checking out. IMO it adds unnecessary bulk to that cable though.....

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 26
In audiophile terms.. who cares about bulk! It's all about the $$$ and SQ.
But $10 for that is just plain theft.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so these things are awesome. I never knew they existed. I bought one from av-outlet.com as I am developing a new product line and this would be on the top model.

It's an aluminum alloy y-splitter for cables, and it's going on the Y-split of a Sennheiser cable. It's light and compact and looks badass. I wish it didn't cost $10 per plus shipping, but that's life.

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/splitter1.jpg
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/splitter2.jpg

Is it light enough to use as a splitter on a headphone cable?

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 26
wow viablue is looking real nice... i think im going to have to terminate or build something with the viablue connectors...they make awesome looking sleeving and shrink as well... all very expensive as well...

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In audiophile terms.. who cares about bulk! It's all about the $$$ and SQ.
But $10 for that is just plain theft.

Hey I'm all for SQ too, but I'm against adding something for the sake of looks, or the sake of adding it. Know what I mean? Especially on a cable where I find that less is more.

But I do like the splitter, and would be using it on an RCA interconnect or something like that.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 26
I saw this thread and thought, "man, this guy is really hawking this Viablue gear". I had seen him mention it in a few posts. Then he mentioned a business doing something with ViaBlue, and I said, "Ohhh, I see now". Then I looked at his Avatar and see Banned! Guess someone recently blew the whistle on him.

I looked at the ViaBlue stuff, seemed all BLING to me and no substance.

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 26
LOL he got banned for that stunt he pulled with Lil Knights eBay auctions?

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw this thread and thought, "man, this guy is really hawking this Viablue gear". I had seen him mention it in a few posts. Then he mentioned a business doing something with ViaBlue, and I said, "Ohhh, I see now". Then I looked at his Avatar and see Banned! Guess someone recently blew the whistle on him.

I looked at the ViaBlue stuff, seemed all BLING to me and no substance.

Quote:

No, he got banned for consistently starting threads and posting stuff about cable tutorials, wires, general cabling stuff and always refering his business.

The thread where he gets banned was laying around somewhere, a thread about an expensive german tube amplifier. Won't bother to find it again...

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he got banned for consistently starting threads and posting stuff about cable tutorials, wires, general cabling stuff and always refering his business.

The thread where he gets banned was laying around somewhere, a thread about an expensive german tube amplifier. Won't bother to find it again...

Ahhh, I think that's what I said...

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

details! we want juicy details.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back