A n00b Review: Swan M10
Mar 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 23
2306327963_25dd832be0.jpg

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #18 of 23
OK...after lots of hours of burn-in time this set has improved drastically. The bass from the sub has tightened very noticeably. When the bass is turned up 3/4 and the volume is moderately high this system shines with any music you throw at it, especially acoustic, jazz and classical. Rap/hiphop, rock and metal are great but I feel like there's a chunk of bass missing at low volume levels. I love how the M10 is able to distinctly separate the different sounds in both music and movies. Like in A Few Good Men...the sound is "crystal clear..."

What I also love about these speakers too is that they produce absolutely no idle noise. Even if the volume nob is at its max there is a faint VERY faint noise that you can only hear if your ear is right up against it.

However I am still dissatisfied with having the sub under the desk. IMO it is absolutely necessary to have the sub on your desk...otherwise you need to turn up the bass knob on the sub fairly high or else rock will sound a tad flat. The satellites lack in bass but that's completely normal as the sub is meant to go on the desk. In my house the sub can be heard in adjacent rooms, even when the volume is at low levels... Soooo as much as I hate doing this in general I am going to return them in order to finance my headphone ventures. Big thumbs up to The Audio Insider though, great customer service and they were willing to set up an RMA. In a last ditch effort though, tomorrow morning I will put through a test of Black Hawk Down and Call of Duty 4.... I will surely miss these...

Other comments:
-volume knob is a bit flimsy
-after I turn the volume nob all the way down I switch it off...I do this only when I know I'm gonna be gone for more than probably 8 hours
-build quality is just phenomenal, it's light but it fells solidly built
-angling them or raising them to ear-level makes a big difference...

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK...after lots of hours of burn-in time this set has improved drastically. The bass from the sub has tightened very noticeably. When the bass is turned up 3/4 and the volume is moderately high this system shines with any music you throw at it, especially acoustic, jazz and classical. Rap/hiphop, rock and metal are great but I feel like there's a chunk of bass missing at low volume levels. I love how the M10 is able to distinctly separate the different sounds in both music and movies. Like in A Few Good Men...the sound is "crystal clear..."

What I also love about these speakers too is that they produce absolutely no idle noise. Even if the volume nob is at its max there is a faint VERY faint noise that you can only hear if your ear is right up against it.

However I am still dissatisfied with having the sub under the desk. IMO it is absolutely necessary to have the sub on your desk...otherwise you need to turn up the bass knob on the sub fairly high or else rock will sound a tad flat. The satellites lack in bass but that's completely normal as the sub is meant to go on the desk. In my house the sub can be heard in adjacent rooms, even when the volume is at low levels... Soooo as much as I hate doing this in general I am going to return them in order to finance my headphone ventures. Big thumbs up to The Audio Insider though, great customer service and they were willing to set up an RMA. In a last ditch effort though, tomorrow morning I will put through a test of Black Hawk Down and Call of Duty 4.... I will surely miss these...

Other comments:
-volume knob is a bit flimsy
-after I turn the volume nob all the way down I switch it off...I do this only when I know I'm gonna be gone for more than probably 8 hours
-build quality is just phenomenal, it's light but it fells solidly built
-angling them or raising them to ear-level makes a big difference...

They still sound great even if you DON'T raise them or angle them. That's how awesome these sound. If you want ground rumbling, that's impossible because they are designed to be on your desk
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #20 of 23
Oh don't get me wrong, if the sub was on my desk life would be damn good...I'm not doubting that the swans are one of the best 2.1 solutions for your computer but in my situation it's just not really practical having the sub on my desk...I really miss the sound...so crisp and distinct...

I also returned them so I could get the hd580 (on the way) and the Denon d2000 (wearing them now : ) )

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I get a picture/s of the back of the speakers?

Just got mine! I'll post a picture of them tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back