A much better replacement for Brainwavz M2 - to play with iPod Touch 4G
May 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Magnumman

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I'm having a lot of problems with my Brainwavz M2 recently and apparently I'll be looking for a replacement really soon.

Of course, the question is: what should I choose?

I'm looking for something much better in terms of sound quality (bigger sound stage, more details) and similar amount of bass. Around 150-200$. Build quality is also important - I'm looking for a tough cable, especially around the 3,5 mm jack and the Y-splitter, as these are the places my IEMs mainly break around.

iPod Touch 4G only. No amping. I listen mainly to Classic Rock (mainly '60s and '70s music - Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Creedence, Led Zep, ACDC, etc.) and Electronic/Trip Hop (Massive Attack, UNKLE, Death in Vegas, BT, etc.). I really like their sound on my M2. I'm using Comply T400 foams.

I was looking through the guide (237 Multi IEM review) and apparently: many models are unavailable in my area or the prices are totally different. Westone 1, HiFiMan 262 and RE-ZERO got me interested. I'd really appreciate any form of advice.

Big thanks in advance.

May 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Greetings,

I'm having a lot of problems with my Brainwavz M2 recently and apparently I'll be looking for a replacement really soon.

Of course, the question is: what should I choose?

I'm looking for something much better in terms of sound quality (bigger sound stage, more details) and similar amount of bass. Around 150-200$. Build quality is also important - I'm looking for a tough cable, especially around the 3,5 mm jack and the Y-splitter, as these are the places my IEMs mainly break around.

iPod Touch 4G only. No amping. I listen mainly to Classic Rock (mainly '60s and '70s music - Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Creedence, Led Zep, ACDC, etc.) and Electronic/Trip Hop (Massive Attack, UNKLE, Death in Vegas, BT, etc.). I really like their sound on my M2. I'm using Comply T400 foams.

I was looking through the guide (237 Multi IEM review) and apparently: many models are unavailable in my area or the prices are totally different. Westone 1, HiFiMan 262 and RE-ZERO got me interested. I'd really appreciate any form of advice.

Big thanks in advance.

I find the EPH-100 to be similar in Sound Signature, but obviously with more detail and transparency....

May 9, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, I just checked some reviews and it looks promising : )

Actually, basing on what I read on some trusted local forum boards (including the one that recommended the setup I currently have) and your advice - I'd buy them. My only doubt is: what about the build quality? "How easy is it to break the cable?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back