A mistake... but I'm surprised
Apr 8, 2006 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jagged

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Koss KSC75s from eBay... I got the package a few days ago, and in them, were the Porta Pro 2s.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy that I got these or not, I had originally expected the KSC75s because a lot of people here recommended them.

Anyway, I'm listening them now, and they're pretty good !

Should I keep these? Or send 'em back to the eBayer who sent me the wrong ones?

Apr 8, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 6
As long as there new, I would keep them! They have the same drivers as the more expensive PortaPro, and you can always get a pair of KSC75's later, and you can interchange drivers between the headband and clips!

Apr 8, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Technically you got a better deal, as the Porta Pro's are more expensive. However I can't stand to wear them too long. The pressure they exert on my ears being supra-aural with the top band always gets to me after a while, where the KSC 75's are clip ons and don't have this problem. Sound *should* be the same but there is a slight difference thats difficult to classify because of the different fit.

Apr 8, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 6
The PPs are a little bassier based likely of most people fit. Really the KSC75s and PP/PP2 are pretty comparible. As many problems the PPs have (pulling on some hair, etc.) the KSCs have (clips not good for some ears, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back