A matter of Sound Quality
Jul 22, 2009 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

longlost

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say hello to all of you, this is my first thread and it is already nice to be here.

My question is about some IEMs that are available in my immediate region.

Here are the contenders;

- Sennheiser CX 550 or CX 95
- AKG K 324p
- ULTIMATE EARS SUPER FI-3
- Creative EP-630
- Anything in similar price range

I generally listen to Metal and Classical so detail and clearity is a must. I'm not a bass head but of course I don't want to miss the warm and smooth kicks.

Any suggestions ?

Jul 22, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the posts guys, but I don't think I can get nuforce or head-direct at the moment. I think I can find apple dual drivers. Are you absolutely sure that they would sound better than akg 324 and senn. cx 95 on my cowon d2+ ? Or would that make the difference only on ipod ?

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 9
I owned the CX95 and didn't like them at all, because they sounded harsh to me, not balanced. Others like them, though. The ADDIEMS, which are $30 from certain sellers on ebay (they say used, but they are basically new), are clean, clear detailed phones with enough bass, but may require an alternate tips (I use the Sony hybrids or Comply T130 foamies). Can't speak for the AKG. And Don't have a D2. PM me if you want info for the ADDIEMs on ebay.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 9
super.fi 3 should be o.k. but the new Ultimate ears customer service is getting hideous reports. my UE's (3 pairs) have had no problem, so I've not needed to call UE for anything.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 9
Seems ADDIEMs are all out of stock around here
frown.gif

Anyone who would recommend CX 550 over akg 324p (most people say this akg has a better sound than CX 500)

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 9
I'd say the UE SF3s if you like classical. Can't comment on metal, but I think the brightness is an asset for classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back