A lucky find...
Mar 7, 2007 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

hudsong

100+ Head-Fier
So I walked in to my vis lit class today only to find a pair of brand new-looking MDR-EX71s next to my computer. I know these headphones are pretty crappy vs others (marshmallows anyone?) but I think finding them for free is pretty nifty... I've been burning them in for a while with pink noise and the sound isn't so harsh, the bass not so overpowering. A good find, I guess!

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 44
You really shouldn't have picked it up. That person who lost the headphones probably went back to look for them and realized they were "found" by someone. I would post a poster in the classroom asking if someone lost their headphones. Also ask them where they left it as proof to know if they are indeed the original owners.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really shouldn't have picked it up. Someone probably went back to look for them and realized they were "found" by you. I would post a poster in the classroom asking if someone lost their headphones. Also ask them where they left it as proof to know if they are indeed the original owners.

Where they left it and what kind they were. A receipt would be handy also.

otherwise.. if you do nothing and keep them for yourself.. you are such a winner.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 44
The teacher said he'd had no one stop by the room and that they had been there for weeks (this was the first day of that class for me, half semester class). Please don't think I'd just pick these up without asking...

Well anyway... I apoligize and I guess I'll turn these in to lost and found, even though I doubt anyone will claim them.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well anyway... I apoligize and I guess I'll turn these in to lost and found, even though I doubt anyone will claim them.

Then you should be able to get them back after a short delay and guilt-free
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 44
Ya honestly, this is pretty funny.. although not as bad as the kid who was asking how to get the UE-10 Pros into his ear, that they did not fit him, and that he mugged someone for them.

But still, the way you said it was that you just seen them and picked them up. Not really giving a crap if someone had actually lost them.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 44
Holy crap, there was a thread about a kid who mugged ue10? that'd be hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya honestly, this is pretty funny.. although not as bad as the kid who was asking how to get the UE-10 Pros into his ear, that they did not fit him, and that he mugged someone for them.

But still, the way you said it was that you just seen them and picked them up. Not really giving a crap if someone had actually lost them.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is this thread?!

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The teacher said he'd had no one stop by the room and that they had been there for weeks (this was the first day of that class for me, half semester class). Please don't think I'd just pick these up without asking...

Had you mentioned this in the first post, I probably would have not posted what I said.

I have had a ballcap and clip-on sunglasses stolen when I left them in a lounge.
blink.gif
The sunglasses were for my prescription glasses so they were useless to anyone else. I went to check on them withing a halfhour or hour of leaving the lunge.. gone. Even checked the front desk.

Leaving something for a few weeks.. now that is pretty much a closed case of abandonment so I would think they are up for adoption.

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is this thread?!

x2.. that might be a funny read.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #15 of 44
They're a lot of crap anyway, so stop patting yourself on the back!

I've lost a lot of stuff over the years and only once I've had the good fortune of having anything returned. In the UK, EX71s still cost £30-35 (60-70 dollars), i.e. their not disaposable, I'm sure someone spent a while looking for them...

EDIT: Missed the part where you mentioned asking the attendant etc. Was a little fast in replying, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back