A love hate relationship
Apr 18, 2013 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Autobat

Head-Fier
Dear Head-fi'ers

From my profile you can see that I am new to the forum and while spending many years enjoying audio and visual bliss in my living room it is only recently that I have ventured into the world of headphones.

The start was simple, a pair of Beyer T70s, I spent hours listening to one track after another on both the headphones and my Focal 714Vs; An experience I throughly enjoyed and will not forget.

As the addiction, yes I believe this should be a diagnosable medical condition, grew I figured that my office is where I do most of my listening and therefore it should be upgraded first.  The M1 HPA was auditioned and subsequently installed in the office.  It must be noted that many saw this extremely large box arrive on my desk and figured it was a small computer but alas it was my escape to a new level of enjoyment of music in the work place.

This is where it should end, I'm happy with the sound and I'm enjoying music more... no, someone lets me know via a head-fi.com review that the HD650s will change my appreciation for different types of music... they were right and now I have to flip a coin or listen to music twice with two different cans to listen for different detail in songs.

Again, this is where it should end, I'm happy with the different "feel" of the music I can get with different cans... no, someone lets me know via many head-fi.com reviews that a DAC can take my music enjoyment to another level... the M1 DAC is now sat on my office desk and again the people ogled at another ominous black box and what it was for.

Again, this is where it should end, I'm happy with my new found love of different genres of music that I am listening to as I'm enjoying listening to how the music sounds... no, with the work load I have I must work from my home office in the evenings and the T70s are with me and being driven (badly) by my iMac... the head-fi.com website is open and instead of doing my work I'm looking at different amps for my home office!

I love you all for your insight and opinions, I hate you all for not putting a disclaimer on the front door saying "Danger, there is no returning once you enter this space".

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 4
rolleyes.gif
Did no one greet you with "sorry about your wallet" when you first came here?

if not

Sorry about your wallet

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I was greeted with "sorry about your wallet", but it so far, has not been true. Well, I guess that depends on who you ask. Ask the average joe on the street and they'll tell you that I'm nuts.

I started out with some Grado SR80s and was pretty happy with those and an external soundcard for a couple of years. I've recently stepped up to the SR325is and a Little Dot I+. I have to say, I'm pretty happy here. I've considered a better DAC (currently using a FiiO E7 for a DAC), but I'm hitting the point where I don't hear improvement between different components. Even swapping tubes on the LD I+, I could hear that they were different, but have a very difficult time deciding which is "better". They all sound good. I've tried a friends' very nice Sennheisers enough to appreciate the Sennheiser approach, but I don't feel compelled to buy some of my own. Maybe this contentment is a passing phase, but for now, apart from exploring better DACs, I'm really happy with what I have. (or 'had', I may have just killed my I+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back