A little story and some new info on custom iem's...
Oct 4, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #601 of 617
toaster, how long was the turnaround time in getting the new molds? Is Sensa pretty good to work with? UE gets amazing reviews in terms of customer service but I haven't really heard anything about Sensa.

thx,
matt

Oct 4, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #602 of 617
I'm glad for you. Can't wait for mine to be ready though!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #603 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbk
toaster, how long was the turnaround time in getting the new molds? Is Sensa pretty good to work with? UE gets amazing reviews in terms of customer service but I haven't really heard anything about Sensa.

thx,
matt

When I had mine redone - it was at Sensaphonics for a total of 6 days (from time they received it to the time it was shipped back out). Shipping both ways is not included in that number.

One thing to add. Customer service mostly is between you and your audiologist. They can take care of everything for you so you really don't have to deal with Sensaphonics directly. I've made a few calls directly to check on timing and they have been very nice and helpful.

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #604 of 617
hey mbk - experiences people have had with sensaphonics have been varied.

this is mainly because services are slightly varied depending on which audiologist is near you.

basically, sensaphonics has trained many audiologists across the country (as well as in other countries) to perform the molds of your ears and take care of you as a customer. the total amount that i paid for my sensaphonics varied from the total amount others have paid due to what the audiologist near me (i live out on long island) charges. anyone you deal with (on the phone with their 800 number, check their site) or in person will provide you with fantastic service. with that out of the way...

i had my remold done on the 18th of september; the remold was sent in to sensaphonics on the 20'th and the remolded pair of sensaphonics was at my door on the 1'st of october - i am currently at college so i could not pick them up until today.

when i had my molds done for the first time when i purchased the sensaphonics, it took only a week to receive the phones. this time for the remold, it took twice as long from the time the molds were sent in to actually receive the headphones. this has to do with how busy the sensaphonics offices are. guess they were busy the last 2 weeks.

if you're thinking about getting the sensaphonics, stop thinking and just get them. if you've found your way to head-fi, chances are music is a big part of your life. the sensaphonics will change the way you listen to music, they're not like any other headphone i've ever heard.

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #605 of 617
mbk - also...i am guessing you just checked into this thread.

read the first post i made in this thread on page 1, (post number one) and you'll get a good idea of my take on sensaphonic's service.

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #606 of 617
iamdone:

When you say that it took 6 days at Sensaphonics, is that including weekend days?

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #607 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
iamdone:

When you say that it took 6 days at Sensaphonics, is that including weekend days?

Yes. They got them on a Friday and sent them out the next Thurday. But it I guess it depends on how busy they are.

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #609 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
eek.gif
...this thread is still alive?!?

It never dies. I wonder what happen to that follow review to the ue's vs 2x-s. That threat died off too quick.

Oct 4, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #610 of 617
Ah, I see... the audiologist handles it. I'm in State College PA which is the middle of nowhere... I'm guessing I'd probably have to travel to find one of their audiologists.

That being said, I don't think I can do the Sensas anyway. I was set to buy the Shure E5 when I came across the UE5c. I can probably stretch to get the UE5c, but at some point I just have to stop and say, "Ok, I can't spend any more money than this."

Oct 4, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #611 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
eek.gif
...this thread is still alive?!?

thanks for the bump jasper...muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

seriously though, i just wanted to update people to let them know that i had gotten my sensas remolded and they turned out much better.

Oct 4, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #612 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbk
Ah, I see... the audiologist handles it. I'm in State College PA which is the middle of nowhere... I'm guessing I'd probably have to travel to find one of their audiologists.

That being said, I don't think I can do the Sensas anyway. I was set to buy the Shure E5 when I came across the UE5c. I can probably stretch to get the UE5c, but at some point I just have to stop and say, "Ok, I can't spend any more money than this."

yes, i go to school in upstate new york in the middle of nowhere as well. i dealt with my audiologist when i was back home on long island.

i had the e5's for a while and loved them. but after hearing the sensaphonics, the e5's became unlistenable - i am still astonished to admit this.

i would go straight for custom iems. i say this because you're already thinking about it. anyone that was on a strict budget i would say, stick with universal iem's, but since you're already thinking about custom iem's i would definitely want to give you the push to say go for it. it is without question, a worthwhile investment if you are willing to stretch for it.

Oct 5, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #613 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbk

Ok, that's understandable. Even without owning UE-5 I suggest you go straight to them. From what others have reported they are far better and E5 and, this from personal experience (I owned E3 in the past) there's no way you can even compare a custom mould to the universal tips provided by Shure, as far as comfort is concerned.

Oct 6, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #614 of 617
This friday
biggrin.gif
2X-S on my door...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #615 of 617
Well I just got my 2x-s back again after sending them back for a short in the left highend driver.

They look different from the set I returned. First the stems are shorter and now much easier to insert. They are very comfortable and still have a perfect seal. The other set was comfortable once in but a real pain to insert. I bought some Oto-easy to help this. Second, I noticed they tied a knot in the cord inside the mold. I guess that helps it from shorting if the cord gets tugged. And third, the drivers are now setup correctly. Before left had the bass driver on bottom and high on top but the right had the high on bottom and bass on top. Now they both have the bass on the top. Not sure if this has any affect on the sound. My first set was also incorrect. I guess the third time is a charm.

Now to give them a good listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back