A little something for Team Ramen...
Apr 20, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 25
There are over 100+ Korean Ramen and they sampled 1? Very biased...we should start our own poll...

Apr 20, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
There are over 100+ Korean Ramen and they sampled 1? Very biased...we should start our own poll...

certainly, that'd be preferable over resurecting some ancient thread
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JK

Garrett

Apr 20, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JK

Garrett

you just got torched.

kudos to whomever gets the reference

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JK

Garrett

Hey, don't you have kids to raise? Diapers to change? If I had kids and had a wife, I would be caught dead if I ever spent time on here...

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Hey, don't you have kids to raise? Diapers to change? If I had kids and had a wife, I would be caught dead if I ever spent time on here...

you both torched each other

Apr 20, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by from the article
Some people even harbor resentment for ever having depended on the four-for-a-dollar staple.

Four for a dollar??! Who buys Top Ramen at that price? Obviously not a member of Team Ramen.

I dunno about 100+ Korean ramen, but at one point in life (college days), I bought a sample of just about every ramen the local Korean grocery carried. In the end, my 2 favorites held off the competition: Shin ramen (very spicy hot) and Samyang ramen.

Now that I'm married and there's plenty of good food always available, I just don't have the opportunity to indulge in junk food that is ramen. It's actually now a treat for us to have ramen -- a sinful delight so to speak.

Apr 20, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Well, Garrett has an ultra-cool wife who buys her husband a RS-1 for Christmas. If only my wife could hang out with Garrett's...

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 25
Ramen is something that I eat when I have a cold.

I buy chicken flavor, but in about 2/3 of the seasoning pack (I don't really need 800 mg of salt), then dump in about 10 shakes of Tabasco.

If my stomach is ready for it, I'll heat up a tin of Vienna sausage to go along with things.

Back in Hawaii, we used to eat some saimin that was in the frozen section - S&S Saimin. It has the best soup stock IMHO.

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 25
You guys don't actually eat Ramen by itself, do you? When I have instant ramen (I like the ones with the slightly more pasta-like noodles which taste more like real ramen) I usually sautee some seafood / meat + vegetables to go on top. Maybe pop in a very soft-boiled egg too. The ones with the better noodles also usually say to prepare the soup separately. I like that too as then I can control the saltiness.

Apr 20, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Four for a dollar??! Who buys Top Ramen at that price? Obviously not a member of Team Ramen.

LOL, only a true member of Team Ramen would find a 25 cent Ramen to be too spendy.

I like the "real" Ramen. There is a local Japanese Diner that is open very late (quite rare in the South Bay of SoCal), that serves up some delicious Ramen, with the real noodles.

-Ed

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
Back in Hawaii, we used to eat some saimin that was in the frozen section - S&S Saimin. It has the best soup stock IMHO.

Yup, and it's still a regularly consumed Saimin by many here in Hawaii (especially on cold days). Taste much better than some of the instant ramens that are available on the store shelves.

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
You guys don't actually eat Ramen by itself, do you? When I have instant ramen (I like the ones with the slightly more pasta-like noodles which taste more like real ramen) I usually sautee some seafood / meat + vegetables to go on top. Maybe pop in a very soft-boiled egg too. The ones with the better noodles also usually say to prepare the soup separately. I like that too as then I can control the saltiness.

Are you kidding? I know a guy that doesn't bother to even cook the stuff. Just eats the brick of uncooked noodles like a candy bar. I was very tempted/scared to find out what he did with the seasoning packet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back