A little Pono Anecdote
Mar 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cstory

New Head-Fier
I thought I would share a Pono listening experience that happened at home.

Our living room is an L shaped open area that includes a dinning area and a kitchen off to the side, so when standing in the kitchen we can listen to the stereo, but both speakers are well off axis. I was playing a new download on the Pono player through the stereo system while I transferred the files to my home cloud drive and did a little file houskeeping. My wife was messing around in the kitchen listening to the tracks being played by the Pono player, when I decided to unplug the Pono and switch to the squeezebox for playing the same music. From the kitchen my wife sayw "What did you do? She said "It sounds different now, almost like it's not the same music."

Just for reference I'm taking the digital out from the Squeezebox 3 into a Marantz SR 5004 receiver with Selah Audio Grandeur speakers.

It goes to show, that sometimes listening casually can tell you as much about how something sounds, as if you sat down and listened intently.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Chuck

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #2 of 2
How did you listen to the squeezebox in the 1st place?
popcorn.gif

Seriously, thanks and it's always great when a non audiophile hears it. I'd expect the Pono to be better but it's a great feeling when your purchases are justified by a seemingly unconcerned partner. Us boys like our toys but sometimes we actually stir it up for others as well.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back